Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IvyLyons

arachnotron drop

there some missed chances for drops, i feel, such as arachnotrons providing energy packs; has this crossed many minds?

I think chaingunners should drop backpacks instead of chainguns. Chainguns are common to find and ammo is often ubiquitous anyways. A mix bag would be more useful.

Clonehunter said:

A mix bag would be more useful.

That guy has been doing the YouTube thing for 9 years and still hasn't learned to write, act, shoot or edit beyond amateur hour.

GoatLord said:

That guy has been doing the YouTube thing for 9 years and still hasn't learned to write, act, shoot or edit beyond amateur hour.

There are so many things wrong with this statement, I don't know where to begin.

GoatLord said:

Don't you already have a thread specifically built for this complaint?

Well, to answer the OP, the Spider Mastermind doesn't drop boxes of shotguns or auto shotguns, nor does the Cyberdemon drop rocket launchers or boxes of rockets, despite them using solid, human(?)-made weaponry.

Dropping ammo and/or weapons seems to be something only zombies/former humans do, not demons. Let's not enter into how they drop a finite amount of ammo while having infinite ammo themselves...

Clonehunter said:

I think chaingunners should drop backpacks instead of chainguns. Chainguns are common to find and ammo is often ubiquitous anyways. A mix bag would be more useful.

Sometimes. However just as often, your first chaingun comes from a zombie drop. For pistol-start players, it can be essential.

The fewer the drops, the better. It's hard to spam shotgunners without compromising the ammo balance in maps with a SSG available precisely because they drop valuable shells. At least the chaingunner drops about 100 HP of damage potential, for a weapon that's less useful against mid-tier opposition anyway. The arachnotron would be a lot less flexible if it dropped 20 plasma cells. Chaingunners dropping backpacks is nuts.

rdwpa said:

The fewer the drops, the better. It's hard to spam shotgunners without compromising the ammo balance in maps with a SSG available precisely because they drop valuable ...

I usually plan my ammo allocation by including a SGguy as a "shells". I always thought it created a better justification for the chaingun to be a semi-valuable pickup, allowing you to mow down a horde for shells in order to take on heavy units with the SSG, lest you waste your shells killing the SGguys instead.

Although you're right about the CGs, the ammo they drop is basically what it took to kill them, so they balance out well.

Arachnotron would drop 10 cells if it followed the dropped item logic cutting the normal amount in half. If you used cells to kill them, eventually you'd run out of cells.

Rayzik said:

I usually plan my ammo allocation by including a SGguy as a "shells". I always thought it created a better justification for the chaingun to be a semi-valuable pickup, allowing you to mow down a horde for shells in order to take on heavy units with the SSG, lest you waste your shells killing the SGguys instead.

Although you're right about the CGs, the ammo they drop is basically what it took to kill them, so they balance out well.

Personally I don't consider it wasteful to kill shotgunners with the shotgun. If there's one you use one shell and get four, net gain of three. If there's a group, you can take out several with one blast from the SSG, or better yet if you have the health and some space to work with so you're not getting slaughtered you can get them to take each other out and get free shells. Either way, unless you're absolutely horrid with the shotgun, you're always gonna gain shells no matter what you kill them with. I tend to save the chaingun for keeping Pain Elementals from spawning Lost Souls, or for cleanup work when the RNG fucks me.

GoatLord said:

Once again your custom title shines true.

I usually think it's a sign of poor game design when the player has to be given increasing incentives to kill baddies, beyond the need to remove them from play.

GoatLord said:

LMFAO, so amateur he's made a career out of it. So salty and talking shit. You've boasted on here before about your "comedy youtube channel", please share your work so we can see how much better you are than AVGN at anything.

i had this really good idea for the new doom where all the demons dropped ammo like they were actually marines running around in demon suits oh wait

Doomkid said:

i had this really good idea for the new doom where all the demons dropped ammo like they were actually marines running around in demon suits oh wait

Doom: and then they were the Demons edition?

Maes said:

(AVGN Video)

Curse youtube for allowing me to start other videos from the same embed... I think I just spent an hour watching AVGN.

On topic:

I never found it weird that the Arachnotron never dropped ammo simply because the plasma blasts are a different color.. I remember thinking as a kid that because of this it is a different weapon.

ReFracture said:

I never found it weird that the Arachnotron never dropped ammo simply because the plasma blasts are a different color.. I remember thinking as a kid that because of this it is a different weapon.

You were a wise kid. Doesn't get a whole lot more obvious than this, yet somehow so many missed it.

On the other hand, zombiemen rifles use the exact same clips used in...pistols? (Which also slot into the chaingun somewhere apparantly)

Ragnor said:

On the other hand, zombiemen rifles use the exact same clips used in...pistols? (Which also slot into the chaingun somewhere apparantly)

[Badjoke]NATO standarts, sir[/badjoke]

Ragnor said:

That's not very farfetched actually. Today we have revolvers that can fire .45LC rounds and .410 bore shotgun shells.

Face23785 said:

You were a wise kid. Doesn't get a whole lot more obvious than this, yet somehow so many missed it.

The BFG, which uses the same cells as the plasma, shoots a green ball that looks verrrrrrrry similar to the Arachnotron plasma! Not gonna lie, as a kid, I thought they were gonna drop cells for me, but it really doesn't matter much. Honestly it's a cool decorate/dehacked patch waiting to happen!