Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrthejoshmon

WOOO 3: Too Good For The Mappers That Made It

I just replaced a laptop screen to tell you that this isn't about being funny, it never was and will never be for as long as I live and fucking breathe.

I'm back, I am taking control and I am politely asking you to stop bothering with quality control in something made to be shit.
- Scratch that, still broken.

That is like waxing a lump of gravy: Why would you even bother?

If you don't like it then make your own project and try to be funny. Good fucking luck because it is one of the hardest things you will ever try and do and you WILL NEVER perfect it.

That is why we don't try to be funny.

Oh, and please get over yourself, thanks.

Alright, everyone take a moment to breathe...

There's no need for fighting. First off, I don't know if Jaxxoon is serious or not with his rant, as judging by his playthrough videos he's made for both WOOOs, he never seemed too perturbed (from what I remember, he just skipped out of levels that were aggravating him.)

If he is serious, then he's got the wrong idea of what Wooo is. That's not to say there can't be quality control, either. If all of the submitted maps are too similar in concept, it is a problem, or it would be. As there are so few maps submitted thus far, it's not apt to say the whole wad will be the same concept repeated. Maps with completely different styles/concepts will undoubtedly be submitted, and placed in between what's already there, giving variance.

I haven't yet started a submission for the project, and I may hold off until things calm down. Here's looking to a peaceful, happy release for WOOO3

It's not about being funny, it's about not being potentially mean and making something with the intent to be unpleasant. I never even attempted quality control, I just realized what this thing was and stepped down. WOOO 1&2 are really unpleasant to think about in hindsight, so seeing just more of the same isn't something I wanted to see.

That's all.

Surreily said:

Alright, my map is a giant maze. Luckily, Doom has a wonderful linedef property called "hidden". Should I?

DO IT.
*runs away*

Oh also , here is my abomination : http://www.mediafire.com/download/n6h3ya2jjlk3cog/NukeClair.wad
Map's name is "Nuke Claire Plant" , what you have to do in it to get out is a bit weird. Also, traps (no, not the Terry type) but they can easily be avoided.

It has decorate stuff, if it's a problem, let me know I'll modify it again.

Suitepee said:

So is this wad still going ahead or not?

Of course. No breaks on the WOOO train—we sold them for mazes full of cyberdemons in 64-wide hallways.

Sorry guys, I won't be participating this time, either. Personal stuff has just gotten too much in the way. Best of luck to Mrthejoshmon and the other WOOOers, though.

(lol, the spelling suggestion for Mrthejoshmon is 'northernmost'.)

RaphaelMode said:

A community megawad with the theme being drama involved in the making of that very megawad
about drama caused by the megawad that is themed around the drama and all that is about one
and the same megawad..

BRILLIANT!

FDA: 25:11 successful attempt, one (very very early) death before that.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/13as9sr56lzrmgr/av_rdwpa_fda.lmp

Such a hilarious map :D.

Was pretty slow during the cleanup phase but that's because I'm approaching bedtime over here and my reflexes have declined accordingly, so I didn't want to risk anything silly. And I expected the last 90 monsters or so to be archviles, but then I realized they were a massive cacoswarm. Cleaning up those cacos is where much of the demo's hilarity lies. LOL.

obake said:

(lol, the spelling suggestion for Mrthejoshmon is 'northernmost'.)

He needs to make at least one map credited to 'Northernmost'

I thought the purpose of this was to create bad/jokey maps on purpose, not to dump maps from failed projects. Anyways, I played it and it's got decent gameplay and a nice idea executed fairly well, so it doesn't really belong here in my opinion :P