Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Katgut

5w0rd4g3

For those of you who are illiterate, that reads "swordage".

I got me a sword! YAY! (Might even be two, I'll find out in eight hours or so...)

Beware my wrath.

Yeah well I've had a sword for over 10 years now.

Despite what some people say, it actually CAN cut through butter. A whole tub, in fact!

PH33R!

I bought mine at medieval times. It actually is the real thing, but the edges are kinda dulled so you can't accidentally cut yourself open on them.

Swords are cool. I have a sword that I ordered out of some magazine back in '96. That sucker is razor-sharp, or sharper, actually, as you can't look at it without being cut.
/me glances at my razor-sharp sword
OW!!!!!
See what I mean?!
This Sword I speak of has a blade 3-and-a-half feet long with a hilt about 11 inches. It's a pretty big blade. Thing's heavy too. Must be all that steel....

1. What was the most desparate you ever were to play Doom?
2. What's the angriest you've been when you were about to beat that level you'd been hacking at for 2 hours, and were killed?

I'll guess I will attempt to answer my own questions this time around:
1. The most desparate I EVER was to play any Doom was back in '97, before I had my comp. One of my neighbors, who lived about 4 blocks down from me, had a (for that time at least) top-of-the-line computer that had Doom1 installed on it. I remembered this one day shortly after I returned my friend's Playstation, with Playstation Doom back to him. This neighbor I speak of wasn't what you'd call a best friend, but he wasn't a total asshole, so I went running down to his house, still doubtful as to whether he would let me in or just laugh in face, to go see if if I could go play Doom on his computer. Well, I go there, and he was a bit suprised to me. But after hearing my predicament, he let me in, and I sat down and played a three-hour-long marathon of Doom. I remember I got in a heckuva lot of trouble for not telling my parents where I went without prior notice.
2. This one happened about this time last year. I had made it to E3M6, Mt. Erebus. I was down to 40% health and only had a shotgun with 44 shells left. I had all the necessary keys, was ALMOST to the exit, and a stray Caco smacked me in the back with one of his infernal Lightning Balls. I was so suprised I didn't fire back. He kept firing, and I realized what was happenening. I turned around and shot him 5 times, but somehow or other he found time to fire back at me, thereby killing me. I was undertandably very angry. I picked up the keyboard, and slammed it down on the desk where I keep my keyboard and monitor, all the while cursing the Caco's name and yelling out other profanities. "Damn you!", I rememeber yelling at the screen. My mom walked in, gave me a look that would have melted bar steel, and asked me just what in the Hell I was doing. "Uh, nothing.", I replied sheepishly. She then me get off the computer for making a big fuss over such a stupid game.

Share your experiences, people!

hehe, i got a machete, and i bet it does 3x as much damage as that sword you got would do (this thing can cut down trees... this thing is kinda like what the quake guy would use if he lost his axe).

But anyway, congrats. Hope it lasts a long time and your (future) children tell all their friends when they grow up.

hehe, i got a machete, and i bet it does 3x as much damage as that sword you got would do (this thing can cut down trees... this thing is kinda like what the quake guy would use if he lost his axe).

But anyway, congrats. Hope it lasts a long time and your (future) children tell all their friends when they grow up.

Heh.

Actually, I got another sword not long after. I love eBay.

I really like those swords which you have to handle two-handed: broadswords and the coolest of all - the "Flammberg". It has a very long curved blade, curved like a sssssnake. Near by the town where I am living in, there is a castle with a knight´s museum, they do exhibit lots of old weapon and armor. Morning Stars, Helebardes (do not know the english word for that), and they do have a "torture chamber" with lots of cruel machines like the "iron maiden", the "Spanish Boot" (which is for squishing your feet"), "Eyeball Pullers" and many more. Well worth the entry fee :).

i've always wanted the sword that the fighter has in hexen. It looks so well crafted, i'm yet to see one similar (i live in surburbia damnit, the only place that sells swords is a place called utopia and there they really suck.)

2. What's the angriest you've been when you were about to beat that level you'd been hacking at for 2 hours, and were killed?
I was undertandably very angry. I picked up the keyboard, and slammed it down on the desk where I keep my keyboard and monitor, all the while cursing the Caco's name and yelling out other profanities. "Damn you!", I rememeber yelling at the screen.

Cursing at a Caco. :: shakes head :: You got burned by a target practice enemy. I'm shocked.

I never really got killed like you did, I would just get frustrated at not being able to find the damn exit. In E3E7 Limbo I spent at least 25 cumulative hours wandering through that level searching for the right teleport, repeatedly wading through toxic waste and losing a little health here and there. The only time I cursed was when I'd get startled at some of those doors that would open suddenly when you walk past and a whole bunch of Demons would race after you.