Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

New pistol

Zerthex, just because its old, doesnt mean it should be changed.

Right now, i dont see it as a big priority. Although, i did submit it once, and so did Soda (i hate Blastfrog), it needed new texture offset values for buildcfg.txt. I couldnt provide that. Soda didnt provide it (i think?)

BTW, are sounds easily made, Zerthex? You need a good environment, a decent recorder and a good sound editor. Graphics can be done with Photoshop, MS Paint, Paint.net, etc.

Also, about the "lore" questions you asked, the answer is: UNKNOWN. Story can be thought up later. First, lets finish doing all the assets!

Voros said:

Zerthex, just because its old, doesnt mean it should be changed.

Right now, i dont see it as a big priority. Although, i did submit it once, and so did Soda (i hate Blastfrog), it needed new texture offset values for buildcfg.txt. I couldnt provide that. Soda didnt provide it (i think?)

BTW, are sounds easily made, Zerthex? You need a good environment, a decent recorder and a good sound editor. Graphics can be done with Photoshop, MS Paint, Paint.net, etc.

Also, about the "lore" questions you asked, the answer is: UNKNOWN. Story can be thought up later. First, lets finish doing all the assets!

yes sir

Zerthex said:

TIPS FOR THE FREEDOOM DEVELOPERS *there needs to be new shotgun and pistol sound effects. you've had those sounds for a long time and they need to be changed*

Voros said:

First, lets finish doing all the assets!

The problem with this project is that people keep redoing things that are already done.

It's OK for the pistol, because Soda's is much better and it fits the new style of other weapons that needed to be redrawn. But for things like the status bar face, it's a waste of time. It's been there for so long that it's a classic. Same for player sounds. I don't know how many times lamp sprites have been redrawn...

Blastfrog said:

I primarily use Paint.NET for my image editing, aspect ratio correction was done just by scaling it down with 6:5 ratio pixels, the palette conversion was done via making the image greyscale and translating the hand to the brown range.

This is the original image if you're curious:http://i.imgur.com/z0MlcCK.jpg

Hard to tell because of the lighting, but the toy gun is actually blue.

what toy gun is that? i kinda like it i might try to find one myself if you can so cindly put down the name of it.