Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frithiof

Star Wars The Force Awakens

Ralphis said:

I understand Firefish's concerns. The repulsive feelings he gets when looking at Rey are probably the same feelings I get when I see his name attached to a post

Seconded. I'd rate Doomworld 1/10 solely based on his presence in the forums.

chungy said:

Even so, Han Solo used Luke's lightsaber to open up a tauntaun on Hoth. There's no rule about lightsabors only being for Jedi/Sith. :P

The stupid robot general from the prequels uses like 28 ligthsabers at once, but let's not overanalyze that, heh.

Just saw the Movie. I think it ticks all the boxes of "What makes a good Star Wars movie" in addition to following the formula we all know but delivers it well enough to move its audience. Sure it relies on Nostalgia moreso than any of the prequels but it still manages to stay fresh and maintain my interest in the series. I want to see what happens next, I want to uncover some twists and confirm some theories but also enjoy more eyecandy which I'm confident the best action is yet to come.

I can't point out how or if it's flawed but I do know I enjoyed it and upon reflection I still do. That's a good movie in my books and a relief they haven't ruined a good series... yet. Or the series was already ruined depending on your views on the previous installments.

I've seen the movie and really, REALLY enjoyed it. I would write about it at length but I've done so one numerous other websites already, and Doomworld is a huge fucking toss pot of a bunch of elitist twats who think they're above everyone who uses Brutal Doom so it's really not worth wasting my time here.

Anyway, remember that cool Plagueis theory? Well; there's some evidence that I think pretty much confirms that Snoke is Plagueis (VERY MINOR SPOILERS: despite him not being a muun, I imagine they're trying to just wipe the prequels from the audience's minds)

The theme where Palpatine explains the legend of Plagueis to Anakin is very... VERY similar to Snoke's theme. And I can confirm that this is his theme in the movie.

I dunno, I'd like to give your theory a chance, but since you like Brutal Doom, I'm just going to say it's stupid and you're stupid and stop wasting our precious time.

dew said:

Seconded. I'd rate Doomworld 1/10 solely based on his presence in the forums.

I respect that opinion. I would like to add that Your presence on the forums makes me impotent.

Ashstrodamus said:

Simple question, do you think Finn is Lando's son? It's pretty obvious if you ask me, because black people in a film MUST be related!

WEW LAD

Clonehunter said:

I was entertaining the idea until it was mentioned that Finn was indoctrinated since birth. I mean, would it be cool in a fan-wank way? Sure, if it gets Billy Dee to come in for the sequel. But seeing that Kylo is already offspring, and I think that Rey might be Luke's offspring (Judging by what's said in one of the trailers), Finn being Lando's kid would kind of be stretching suspension of disbelief. Like, "Oh look, all the kids from our favorite heroes are all together now!"

It'd be a little crazy, imo.

Personally I hope Rey turns out to be a Kenobi, Like Obi Wan's granddaughter or something. The real heroes of the universe.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I don't want Rey to be related to anyone, same for Finn. The Star Wars story is meant to be relate-able. When we were kids we always wanted to go out into the world and adventure like Luke and Rey. It'd be a bit silly if she was a Skywalker, then the story would be less relate-able. Even so, I don't see a way they can explain her powerful use of the force otherwise. I'd prefer if she was one of those super powerful force users like Starkiller from The Force Unleashed than be a part of the Skywalker family.

Not to mention we've already got a Skywalker/Solo, I know several people have said Star Wars is the story of the Skywalker family but I'm willing to bet this trilogy will be about Kylo's redemption.

It is kind of funny how Mark Hamill once did a voice over for a documentary about the old Star Wars movies where he explains : "It is a journey into manhood".

I am being torn appart by this movie and the choice i have about watching it or not... Star Wars has always been that special set of Old movies with relatable subjects for boys and men while being very far away from realty as a whole.

FireFish said:

I am being torn appart by this movie and the choice i have about watching it or not... Star Wars has always been that special set of Old movies with relatable subjects for boys and men while being very far away from realty as a whole.

So you can't relate to a character's universal struggle unless they have a penis? You might want to get some help for that.

rf` said:

Personally I hope Rey turns out to be a Kenobi, Like Obi Wan's granddaughter or something. The real heroes of the universe.

That means we need a last minute girlfriend for Kenobi to pork, since all of his past girlfriends got killed in some manner, unless he was porking Beru behind Uncle Owen's back.

Tarnsman said:

So you can't relate to a character's universal struggle unless they have a penis? You might want to get some help for that.

Hahaha. Fake people on the internet.
It must be fun living in that bubble of yours.

Clonehunter said:

That means we need a last minute girlfriend for Kenobi to pork, since all of his past girlfriends got killed in some manner, unless he was porking Beru behind Uncle Owen's back.

Well, he did spend 20 years in hermitage. You're telling me he didn't get lonely at all?

FireFish said:

Hahaha. Fake people on the internet.
It must be fun living in that bubble of yours.

You just said that you weren't sure if you could watch Star Wars because the main character doesn't have a penis, I don't think you're in any position to talk about living in a bubble.

Tarnsman said:

You just said that you weren't sure if you could watch Star Wars because the main character doesn't have a penis, I don't think you're in any position to talk about living in a bubble.

I do not hold anything against you, people differ. I accept your intolerance towards my being concerned about the movies i hold dear and their target audience. Outside of the internet there are millions of people with different oppinions and preferences.

FireFish said:

I do not hold anything against you, people differ. I accept your intolerance towards my being concerned about the movies i hold dear and their target audience. Outside of the internet there are millions of people with different oppinions and preferences.

What the fuck are you babbling about? Target audience!? Men are unable to relate to drama unless it's happening to a man? Jesus Christ! I sure hope you've never bitched about people complaining about too many straight white male protagonists because you're just as bad. Character conflict is universal. If you can't relate to and understand character struggle because they don't share your gender or race or whatever totally unimportant trait, something is seriously wrong with you.

Tarnsman said:

What the fuck are you babbling about? Target audience!? Men are unable to relate to drama unless it's happening to a man? Jesus Christ! I sure hope you've never bitched about people complaining about too many straight white male protagonists because you're just as bad. Character conflict is universal. If you can't relate to and understand character struggle because they don't share your gender or race or whatever totally unimportant trait, something is seriously wrong with you.

Your problem is that you are so set on being offended by something unrelated to you, or what i wrote, while also being so set on acting like the P.C. White Knight that you even dare to drag homosexuality (or at least some form of sexuality) into this. Whats next ? Black people ? Lesbians ? Obama ? anything to manipulate this into your playfield ?

You intolerant misguided bigot.

Spoiler

If you want to act P.C. and tolerant then you need to accept all men and woman with their oppinions and preferences, not only the ones born with a genetic defect or those born with a different skin color. If you do not, then you are spreading intolerance yourself.

I no rite? When are white males ever going to get a break?
Stop being intolerant of intolerance, you reverse racist.

Chezza said:

Wait, what is this thread about again?

It might have been Starwars, but after somebody took offence when i wrote that i cant stand the actress.. well that other person began a drama around sexuality, gender, and race.

Great video. I literally lol'ed.

FireFish said:

Your problem is that you are so set on being offended by something unrelated to you, or what i wrote, while also being so set on acting like the P.C. White Knight that you even dare to drag homosexuality (or at least some form of sexuality) into this. Whats next ? Black people ? Lesbians ? Obama ? anything to manipulate this into your playfield ?

You intolerant misguided bigot.

Spoiler

If you want to act P.C. and tolerant then you need to accept all men and woman with their oppinions and preferences, not only the ones born with a genetic defect or those born with a different skin color. If you do not, then you are spreading intolerance yourself.

HAHAHAHA Wow bro. You are saying that white straight men can only enjoy things that feature white straight men. You're demanding that people identify with their race, gender, and sexual orientation above all else. In order to appeal to white straight men media must only feature white straight men. Yup it's totally impossible for someone with a penis to understand the plight of someone with a vagina. I tried to watch Aliens but Ripley has a vagina so I just can't do it. I tried to watch The Pursuit of Happyness but because Will Smith is black the universal struggle of overcoming adversity and the parental urge to provide was totally lost on me.

I'm not some "SJW P.C. White Knight MegaCuck" telling you this. I'm the guy who says people shouldn't be offended when someone uses "gay" as a pejorative and that people need to "get over it" when they get offended. THAT GUY is telling you you're being an intolerant bigot. What does that say about you? You're offended that a movie character doesn't have a penis. Sorry John but you are the political correctness.

P.S. claiming you're not a bigot while calling homosexuality a "genetic defect" is not helping your case.

Tarnsman said:

HAHAHAHA Wow bro. You are saying that white straight men can only enjoy things that feature white straight men. You're demanding that people identify with their race, gender, and sexual orientation above all else. In order to appeal to white straight men media must only feature white straight men. Yup it's totally impossible for someone with a penis to understand the plight of someone with a vagina. I tried to watch Aliens but Ripley has a vagina so I just can't do it. I tried to watch The Pursuit of Happyness but because Will Smith is black the universal struggle of overcoming adversity and the parental urge to provide was totally lost on me.

I'm not some "SJW P.C. White Knight MegaCuck" telling you this. I'm the guy who says people shouldn't be offended when someone uses "gay" as a pejorative and that people need to "get over it" when they get offended. THAT GUY is telling you you're being an intolerant bigot. What does that say about you? You're offended that a movie character doesn't have a penis. Sorry John but you are the political correctness.

P.S. claiming you're not a bigot while calling homosexuality a "genetic defect" is not helping your case.

Get yourself tested by a psychiatrist, or stop the trolling mr. moderator status.

You are completely losing yourself in a fantasy, inventing arguments and claiming to have read things i never once wrote.

- I have never written that white men can only relate to white men.
- I have never written that media only needs to contain straight white male men.
- I have never written that i was offended by the word gay.
- I have never written that i was offended by a penis or vagina (in terms of sexuality).

Your childish abnormal ranting about penises while acting as if you are offended (by your own imagination to boot) is pathetic. You are the typical offended internet based SJW bigot. You are the stereotype of the internet based SJW weirdo troll whom manipulates his or her way trough reality into a fantasy of their own where they are "the" correct being.

The reality of what I wrote :

- I cant stand the main actress.
- I am worried about the target audience they had in mind.
- These movies are Dear to me so i am a bit worried.
- I respect your different view, but i never wrote anything about race, sex, sexuality.

Nothing which i ever wrote was about race, sexuality, status, religion. You fantasized those in and began acting like one of those trolling "i am protected by status" doomworld moderators.

You fake bigot.

FireFish said:

The reality of what I wrote :

The reality of what you wrote was this.

"Star Wars has always been that special set of Old movies with relatable subjects for boys and men while being very far away from realty as a whole."

Explain what the fuck this means then bro. Especially regarding a film that's biggest most soul-crushing flaw is that it is derivative as shit. So how does a film that takes whole sections of the first film, lose the "appeal to men and boys"? It's the vagina isn't it?