Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Revolution! MIDI Pack project (COMPLETE! Also a surprise on page 10)

I made this, but I am still not sure what slot it should occupy, maybe MAP30.

Name is Midst Death.

I should now compose for GMP2. ;) It's been months, and it should be weekly!

Gez said:

I don't know why, but I'm expecting a repeat of reply #20.

:)

Gustavo6046 said:

I made this, but I am still not sure what slot it should occupy, maybe MAP30.

It could fit Map30 if developed properly.

Gustavo6046: I've heard a few MIDIs by you and uh... yeah, they're just not good. At all. In this for instance, there is so little going on (you've only used quarter-notes) and so many bad, clashing melodies (between all two of the instruments you used) that I have to reject this. Somehow I doubt you play an actual instrument, and I struggle to think what music you've heard that makes this sound passable to your ears.

Plus, as already mentioned, MAP30's slot is already taken up with a completed MIDI, so kindly don't be inconsiderate by submitting half-arsed stuff like this to an already-claimed slot.

ClumsyDoomer: Having listened to this track already when you shared it over IRC, I'm all too happy to add it into MAP18's slot. Great work, man! :D

I am refining the music right now. I forgot do apply some details to it. I forgot a lot of stuff! I shouldn't have posted it yet.

Here is final. Or do it need improvement? If not MAP30, then what slot should it occupy?

Eris Falling said:

What part of MIDI Pack are you failing to understand?

OK, for security I'll assume it doesn't accepts. But only because it accepts MIDI doesn't means it won't accept OGG. Either way.

No Gustavo, a project that explicitly states, even in its title, that it's using MIDI is not going to take OGG submissions.

Gustavo6046: This is still woeful. You're still only using quarter-notes. None of the melodies work together, the drums are repetitive, and the bass/organ drives me crazy.

Please pick up an instrument, learn how to play it, work on music theory, listen to music that is good, repeat for about 4 years, and get back to me.

I'd like to claim M03 while it's still available. It'll take a week or two though..

I can't afford instruments, and I fucking don't want to make MIDIs anymore ! STFU if you are going to ask me to do shit for you. I am TIRED of this nightmare!

Gustavo6046 said:

I can't afford instruments, and I fucking don't want to make MIDIs anymore ! STFU if you are going to ask me to do shit for you. I am TIRED of this nightmare!

You will get absolutely nowhere if you can't be bothered to put in at least a little effort. You are well aware of this, yes?

Akse: Done! I'm in no hurry to get this done at present, so take whatever time you need.

Additionally, 07's slot is available for anyone who wants it, as Alfonzo dropped out from it.

EDIT: Gustavo, remove yourself from my topic. Congrats on being the second one hereby barred from this project.

This page is a trainwreck. Gustavo it's like you're forcing yourself to trying to do things that you simply just aren't good at, and the only way you improve at doing things is actually putting in effort towards improving it. Making the same stuff thoughtlessly without actually learning anything from previous efforts will get you nowhere.
You're under no obligation to do music so if you don't want to put effort in or improve or even bother at all, don't, but ffs don't start being a dick to people who are being honest with you.

rdwpa said:

Gustavo, don't be discouraged. If you're rejected from this one, there are other MIDI community projects you can join ^_^.

I just got the joke.

Jimmy said:

Gustavo6046:Please pick up an instrument, learn how to play it, work on music theory, listen to music that is good, repeat for about 4 years, and get back to me.

hell, even one year is enough to improve substantially.

Icytux: I like this! Mysterious and unusual but not dissonant.

I would suggest if you're going to continue this, add a few minor chords in there as well - as much as I like the vaguely Arabic vibe, I think it would pay to have a passage or two that's a bit more grounded in familiar minor tonality. I'd probably also add some more toms to drum line, particularly during the intro.

Pretty dang cool stuff, though!

whoops this died

Can I get a status report from folks who still have works in progress?

Akse, how's your time to work on MAP03's track been?
Kassman, is MAP11's track any closer to finished?
Eris Falling, I know things have been tough on you but how's MAP13's track going?
Alfonzo, any presentable progress on 21, 31, or 32?
ClumsyDoomer, anything to show for MAP22?
DoomLover234, any progress on MAP25 or MAP27's tracks?
yakfak, I'm eagerly awaiting your intermission text track if you're still intending to do that. :)

I'd appreciate any and all updates you guys have. Even if you have a tiny WIP, that's good to show.

Jimmy said:

DoomLover234, any progress on MAP25 or MAP27's tracks?

Well, my .NET Framework 4 is broken and Anvil Studios won't work for me. I will try to log in as the administrator, since when I try to deinstall it (to install it over again), it says "Generic Trust Failure", and if that doesn't work, I will let you know that I resign.