Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

my wad is finished

yup.It would be sweet if someone would download it.

*cough*members.cox.net\epyo\crackers.zip*cough*

Its called Crackers n` Tea. I think it rules.i took screenshots.

*ahem*members.cox.net\epyo\epyo.htm*ahem*

i uploaded it to \incoming on thursday, so im guessing it will be in \newstuff chronicles. (am i right?) ok cool. I hope it downloads right and my little piece of bandwidth can hold people.

Epyo, that was very considerate of you to provide screenshots so we could "try" before we "buy".

I'm guessing this is one of your first efforts? Based on the screenies I made a few observations, which prompted me to hold off downloading the level until DW's Newstuff Chronicles had weighed in with an opinion. Here are my observations:

1. Your choice of textures is questionable. While there appears to be a large variety, that's not always a good thing.
2. Your maps appear to be plain and lacking in detail whatsoever.
3. Your use of arch-viles (I counted at least 2) in large, open areas could make for unbalanced, even frustrating gameplay.

To be fair I should add that the weapons you have provided appear to be adequate for the enemies the player will be up against.

Consider these comments as constructive criticism and not as flames.

Epyo said:

huh?it worked on my computer...(darn cookies)

Forward slashes, not backward slashes. The world is not a DOS drive.

wait, im lost again. Why do the links work on my computers, but not other peoples? I just tried on my sisters computer and it worked...

Epyo said:

wait, im lost again. Why do the links work on my computers, but not other peoples? I just tried on my sisters computer and it worked...

internet explorer, like it does in many other cases, has corrected your error. so anyone that uses IE can get to the links. anyway, on the internet the backslash "\" is not used in file paths. the foward slash, "/" is. this is your error. this is because all of the internet is a *nix box, not a dos drive. (meaning *nix was here first so when other OSes started to have various internet support they were made to be *nix compatible in respect to online stuffs)

fraggle said:

Forward slashes, not backward slashes. The world is not a DOS drive.

what? nooo ó_ò