Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Basic titles in Doomworld Forums

I Don't remember getting the titles "Bony member" or "Pistol start" , But you have to add mine "* Ignores too much - Ignorant Member"

You are a bit incorrect here, they actually bumped up the post count for a few of the titles maybe a year or so ago.

Yep... Incorrect. I know a few users which has more than 500 posts and they are not 'forum regular'.
'Avoozl' - not a 'forum spammer' for example.
It's all hidden behind moderator's wall and i doubt that they will show something there + that thread must be in 'Everything else' not in 'Doom General' as here we discuss not a game...

Forum Regular starts at 667, Forum Staple now appears to start at 2500 and I'm not sure if Forum Spammer has been removed or requires a higher post count than Forum Legend.

Here's a couple more specials for the list -

0 - Registered Lurker
666 - Evil Member

I'm fairly sure 1210 is "Doomed Marine"

911 - Forgotten member
5750 - Par for the course

I'm half-expecting one tied to 420. Looks like Xegethra is the only one who will pass that in the immediate future.

Some corrections to the main list, Forum Staple is 2500-4000 and Why Don't I Have... starts at 7500.

EDIT: Oh, Forum Spammer I think is now 6000-7500

GreyGhost said:

Forum Regular starts at 667, Forum Staple now appears to start at 2500 and I'm not sure if Forum Spammer has been removed or requires a higher post count than Forum Legend.

Here's a couple more specials for the list -

0 - Registered Lurker
666 - Evil Member

I'm fairly sure 1210 is "Doomed Marine"

Eris Falling said:

911 - Forgotten member
5750 - Par for the course

I'm half-expecting one tied to 420. Looks like Xegethra is the only one who will pass that in the immediate future.

Some corrections to the main list, Forum Staple is 2500-4000 and Why Don't I Have... starts at 7500

Obviously the information I've searched through the forum was incorrect. In the mean time, I need to put question marks until I got correct ones. :S

printz said:

Too many people have the WDIHACTBN title by now...

According to the Member List, there are six people who has that title. *doesn't count the custom title

There is the "Lost Soul" title too, for ancient accounts that doesn't exist anymore or something. I don't know how it works.

antares031 said:

4000 ~ ???? : Forum Legend
???? ~ ???? : Forum Spammer
7500 ~ ∞ : Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

4000 ~ 5499 : Forum Legend
5500 ~ 6999 : Forum Spammer
7000 ~ ∞ : Why don't I have a custom title by now?! or Why don't I have a custom title by now!?

scifista42 said:

4000 ~ 5499 : Forum Legend
5500 ~ 6999 : Forum Spammer
7000 ~ ∞ : Why don't I have a custom title by now?! or Why don't I have a custom title by now!?

Thanks, but there are some examples that don't match with that condition. NiGHTMARE has Forum Legend with more than 7000 posts, and BlackFish has Forum Spammer with less than 5500 posts

Their titles may actually be custom (non-basic) titles (a few people really had such ones), or it has to do something with the recent integration of old Doomworld forums to the new ones, which significantly raised postcount of certain old members. The boundaries I mentioned are based on my observations to changes of my own basic title.

Graf Zahl said:

One other I've seen is "Registered lurker". No idea what the precise conditions for that are.

Posting in blogs doesnt count toward your post count iirc. I think there may be other conditions too though.

I thought the title at 666 posts was "Pure Hellspawn"?

Or does my memory fail me?

scifista42 said:

Their titles may actually be custom (non-basic) titles (a few people really had such ones)

TimeOfDeath's "Forum Regular" title is one I know of.

@MFG38 - your memory has failed you. Check out killer2, who's currently sitting on 666 posts.

printz said:

Too many people have the WDIHACTBN title by now...

One day I'll probably reach that tier.... maybe in another 300 years at my current posting rate.

I recall Sigvatr and Brandon (as MegaDoomer) having the "Can't Post" titles before ultimately being banned...

Gentlepoke said:

One day I'll probably reach that tier.... maybe in another 300 years at my current posting rate.

Heh, you'll get there before I do for sure. I'll probably never say anything worthy of or stupid enough for a custom title.

Rayzik said:

Heh, you'll get there before I do for sure. I'll probably never say anything worthy of or stupid enough for a custom title.

Just look at my posts per day count, I doubt I will.

There must be at least 5 threads like this out there that I've seen. Eventually everyone will be clamoring for a custom title and the thread will get locked. But I digress.

I've had a custom title of one sort or variety for so long that I've never had half of these.