Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Basic titles in Doomworld Forums

LittleInferno said:

That reminds me, why are you not allowed to set a custom profile icon until 250 posts? Seems excessive.

It's to stop people from shitposting just to get their custom avatar. If anything it needs to be a bit higher, considering some morons are just that determined.

I actually thought that Forgotten Member was an actual custom title, seeing as how Platinum Shell is the only person who has it now and he hasn't posted in awhile. I only remember having Evil Member at 666 posts and then after a name change got a custom title which I don't think matters anymore.

I think there's also the one written in big red letters that squeeze that person's post into a very small box hidden away with a scrollbar.

HavoX said:

I recall Sigvatr and Brandon (as MegaDoomer) having the "Can't Post" titles before ultimately being banned...

In Sigvatr's case, I think that was in exchange for being granted PM privileges so he could resume his participation in some community projects.

Breezeep said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jokes aside, I was bored and decided to make an avatar pic out of a vibrating Revenant. Then, Memfis thought my avatar was annoying. Pretty much a little summary of what had happened during the past month.

This is why such custom title. 'Breezeep'.

Noiser said:

There is the "Lost Soul" title too, for ancient accounts that doesn't exist anymore or something. I don't know how it works.

As far as I remember, Doomworld in ancient Sumeria- I mean something like 2001, you could post as a guest.

LittleInferno said:

As far as I remember, Doomworld in ancient Sumeria- I mean something like 2001, you could post as a guest.

In one of the super old comment systems, you could post anonymously. But also, I did not port over user accounts from the old comment system, because there's no accounts to convert. Also I'm not sure if user accounts from the original forum software got converted to the second forum software; I'm guessing they didn't. So any old converted posts without an associated forum account have a special "Lost Soul" title to convey that they're a remnant of an older system.

Buckshot said:

whoa-hoah, blast from the past:

http://www.doomworld.com/pictures/

Probably an early stab at a social networking hub. Of course that's entirely overthinking it... but hey, its a "face"book of sorts. claim to fame, I guess.

We finally unmask these legendary (in the doom world) humanoids from outer space ;

Linguica ;

Quasar ;

Fraggle ;

May you sleep well tonight and dream about them while feeling warm and fuzzy.

GhostlyDeath said:

Those pictures were most likely taken probably a decade ago.

Actually over 16 years ago... I remember seeing it even prior to 1999/2000.

Though it appears SOMEONE took down the gallery link within the past few minutes, lol.

Well, it was fun while it lasted... but if it was taken down, it may have been to respect the privacy of those who were in the gallery. Just my $0.02

GhostlyDeath said:

History is best left deleted anyway.

Except when it comes to source code.

I always think history should be preserved in a nice glass case for the world to look upon and acknowledge.
To each his own, I guess.

Buckshot said:

Though it appears SOMEONE took down the gallery link within the past few minutes, lol.

Does that mean I am late for the party? Damnit. :( I hope the Wayback Machine will help me out.

Yep - Wayback Machine to the rescue

scifista42 said:

Their titles may actually be custom (non-basic) titles (a few people really had such ones), or it has to do something with the recent integration of old Doomworld forums to the new ones, which significantly raised postcount of certain old members. The boundaries I mentioned are based on my observations to changes of my own basic title.

Heh - postcounts shouldn't be taken at face value.

This little gem dates back to The Doom Alphabet Game, which was probably deemed a poor excuse to build postcounts, so somebody tinkered with the forum code to have posts in that thread deducted from a members visible total.

FireFish said:

We finally unmask these legendary (in the doom world) humanoids from outer space ;

You forgot someone:

I'm more interested in what became of IMJack... he was a swell guy. And Julian hasn't posted in two years...

Julian posts on the doomworld facebook group from time to time. Usually in reply to someone doing something stupid.

Though anymore, the doomworld facebook group is the social networking equivalent of Post Hell.

I keep forgetting to make a thread for this :P

BTW, that link is pretty old.

I saw someone with the following title:
Strife!

Know who it is?
Is he still online and making Strife related content?

Heh. Somebody replaced a picture with a farting character in a red circle. I guess the people in that picture where old farts ?

FireFish said:

Heh. Somebody replaced a picture with a farting character in a red circle. I guess the people in that picture where old farts ?

My guess is Ling doesn't want anyone to know about that girl he was with. It's never too late to maintain a private life...