Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Basic titles in Doomworld Forums

HavoX said:

My guess is Ling doesn't want anyone to know about that girl he was with. It's never too late to maintain a private life...

Probably. i just wanted to make a dumb remark about it. The world changed and so did the people who are using the internet. i would have removed that picture too if i where in the same position.

GreyGhost said:

*pic*
This little gem dates back to The Doom Alphabet Game, which was probably deemed a poor excuse to build postcounts, so somebody tinkered with the forum code to have posts in that thread deducted from a members visible total.

Missed that one, thanks for the souvenir!

GreyGhost said:

I'm fairly sure 1210 is "Doomed Marine"

Correction - make that "Doomed Member". Zed has just reached that post count.

GreyGhost said:

Correction - make that "Doomed Member". Zed has just reached that post count.

It's corrected, thanks for the info. :)

This stuff's been covered in multiple blogs threads, which unfortunately are no longer searchable. I think "par for the course" is actually 5150 (total par time in seconds for Ultimate Doom), not 5750.

I still have doubts about 3 of them:

911 - Forgotten Member
1210 - Doomed Member
5750 - Par for the Course (is that what Clonehunter said? What GreyGhost said? Neither?)

Why?

My guess is because too many people said "never forget", 12/10 was the release of Doom, and because that other one is a speedrunning time I believe.

1210 implies December 10, Doom's release date. Par for the course is as GreyGhost said.

Also, rather sneakily, 420 is actually Green Marine again :P

Eris Falling said:

Also, rather sneakily, 420 is actually Green Marine again :P

obvious pot joke. I thought Chezza lost some posts when he had it and then I looked and I saw it.

Getsu Fune said:

obvious pot joke. I thought Chezza lost some posts when he had it and then I looked and I saw it.

heh, I thought the same.

How does 420=Green Marine?

I don't get it. Can someone elaborate why its Green Marine?

Voros said:

How does 420=Green Marine?

I don't get it. Can someone elaborate why its Green Marine?

Getsu Fune said:

pot joke

Every now and then I get a timely reminder of all the forum threads that I subscribed to without knowing back in the days of yore. Thanks!

Also try not to bump threads that have been dead for four years.

1 hour ago, TenenteZashu said:

They added a new one, the ''Nice'' title, you get it at 69 posts

I may need some evidences, users with "Nice" title + 69 posts in total, before I update this nearly 5-years-old original post.

1 hour ago, antares031 said:

I may need some evidences, users with "Nice" title + 69 posts in total, before I update this nearly 5-years-old original post.

I've got it a couple weeks ago but I've forgot to mention it on this thread, I'll search and see if I can find somebody with that title

"Registered just to make one post" is gone IIRC (maybe it stands for older members with 1 post though not sure). Some people thought it was custom and took it personally? I don't remember at this stage.

Didn't they add a "Geez, what do you need to do to get a custom title around here" one?