Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireFish

The word doom.

https://www.twinword.com/graph/?entry=doom

That website visualizes a web of words, in this case it are the words one could connect to the word Doom. The website even shows Tweets containing the word Doom... which includes a certain Notch claiming that others think he is good at Doom.

Just got a compliment for being good at Doom, and I've never felt more validated. @notch

It seems that next to tweets, actual words related to the game are not in there though.

Sweet, it's like a collection of all the most depressing words in the English language.

Heh. i randomly stumbled upon that site because of DuckDuckGo. I was looking for words which could be related to Doom just to see how many options there could be, And how many of them would sound or look better than "FreeDoom".

The only reason i posted it here was because of the references to the game trough the twitter quotes.

Its just a site acting big while probably doing very little... like listing words with similar meanings.

Well I typed in "sex" and the word bubble came back with all sorts of weird disturbing entries such as: socket, baby, bear, child, masochist, androgynous (never even knew that was a word), neuter, doe (???), infertility, saucy (?) ... yeah alrighty then LOL

Hmm...

Soul
Asleep
Late
Biblical. Fucking BIBLICAL, of all things.

Yeah, okay.

RUSH said:

androgynous (never even knew that was a word)

i guess you never watched anything about Marilyn Manson in the early 2000's then. (jk)

In case of humans it are men and woman of which you cant really tell what sex they belong to. it are not men with female facial features, and not woman with male facial features like a big dented chin... you just cant really put a finger on it in terms of what sex they are.

I think the origin of the word comes from olde english, and started out as 'dome' which was something to do with law and judgement.

Theres a funny story about the Domesday Book, when the king of england sent out agents to check on people and check their property so he could tax them more. So everyone hid livestock in their houses, hid all their earnings, did crazy things so they could pretend to poor and avoid getting taxed.

In other other words, the word "doom" at that time meant "oh shit the government is coming quick hide your stash!"

So this is a thesaurus then?

Shame the word 'eternity' doesn't appear, but I guess it's too remotely related.