Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

A Doomsmas present to all

I have a YouTube show on gaming called "Hey, I Played That!" Today, we release our third episode, which is all about Doom. As you might imagine, I've been anticipating the shit out of this. You guys actually contributed, whether you know it or not, and despite how much post-production this video involved, it has been one of the most satisfying projects I've completed. I hope you guys enjoy it, and Merry Christmas!

And in case you're wondering who I am, I'm the one who trolled QuakeCon.

Chu said:

Didn't actually hit the bong? Disappoint.

Come to think of which, what is it with GoatLord and the bong anyway?

Chu said:

Didn't actually hit the bong? Disappoint.

also subbed! <3

Haha, we were in a studio man! No way could we actually do it. We used milk instead of nog and Zach got bong milk in his mouth, yuck.

Lol he said "Chode-y"

MFG38 said:

Come to think of which, what is it with GoatLord and the bong anyway?

Well I'd say either he comes from the Marijuanical Hanging Gardens of Bongalong or he just really likes them... to look at, of course (I hear they make great lamps)... and I suppose now to drink Doom Nog. Man I want that recipe, I've never seen a pink elephant before but I think a cardboard cacodemon would be a good substitute.

That shit was pretty damned funny, though.

Hey, thanks. I was worried it was too self-indulgent, not only because of the length, but because we barely show anything actually directly Doom-related, but that's part of the joke. I'm glad it's getting good responses.

Goatlord goes meta.

I liked the John Romero bit. Even if you weren't going for it, the animation for that sequence felt very much in the style of Terry Gilliam.

Super imposing your Doomworld Forum posting face for the entirety of the Quakecon tripping Santa Sequence is pretty self indulgent I'd say. The "trolling" felt like Tom Green in the early days, if he ran around spouting inside jokes to people.

The sound effects are always louder than the rest of the audio. Maybe it's some surrealist cartoony artistic humor thing I'm supposed to understand... but I just think it detracts not matching the levels of the rest of the audio.

Hopefully I came across as less of a prick than usual, it needed more Doom. You had a green screen, you could've made a pretty nifty set with DoomBuilder, or really had fun with iconic locations of Doom in the background :D

Maybe for next Doom related project.

The audio mixing is really strange in the greenscreen segments. Some characters just seem to have their own audio channels and real estate on the left/right speakers and its kind of distracting because that's not how people sound when they're in front of you.

Yeah, the guy who shot us in the green green had this weird setup where two people were miked to one input, so one guy was on the left channel and the other guy was on the right. I didn't like that, to be honest. Not much I could do about it. Some of the sounds are probably too loud. The lack of Doom was...part of the joke, though I don't know how funny that is to people who aren't me. SYS said that "Super imposing your Doomworld Forum posting face for the entirety of the Quakecon tripping Santa Sequence is pretty self indulgent I'd say," and I don't really know what he means. Clarification please?

Oh, and for the record, I'm hugely into Tim and Eric and Terry Gilliam.

Well I thought it was fucking hilarious! My sense of humor is much the same so...watching this completely cross-faded is a lot of fun! Watching it sober is cool too, but it's sooo much better when mo->player->*actually hits blunt*. ;)

Started watching this sober but wasn't really feeling it. Then I watched it last night while high off my ass and it was funny as fuck. And yeah I envision 7:14 onward to be you on a DMT trip lol. Anyway this looks like it took a lot of work and I think you did a great job. Subscribed to ya man :D