Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chezza

Brutal Doom V2b - Release Date

I'm not sure if Sgt.Mark was intending to announce it on here, but I'm very thrilled to play it along with its
much desired starter pack consisting of 32 custom made maps. It is set to be released on December 31st.

I am a very big fan of Brutal Doom. It has returned my love for Doom and eventually inspired me to create
my own maps for it. And based on the video, the maps look stunning. I'm getting a Duke Nukem vibe
from many of them.

Personally I was making a Megawad for Brutal Doom but it won't ever measure to this project.
More to be inspired by!

Holy devil of fuck!! The demonic Brutal Doom Matured and created its own perfect Evil Host to possess and distort into an epic of violence.

Chezza said:

Personally I was making a Megawad for Brutal Doom but it won't ever measure to this project.
More to be inspired by!

Maps of Chaos competitor mm?

Glaice said:

Maps of Chaos competitor mm?

I need to play your wad, hopefully it won't conflict and have its own flavor. TBH mine is designed to be average on skill level. Starts easy, progresses to medium and only in the end levels shall it be hard, or so is my intent.

My wad is also seems to be a more armature version of the starter pack with particular props and themes following his. But we will see.

I love these urban level maps, like forests and buildings. It really adds that feeling of how Doom would be if the map designers were making it as realistic as possible.

V20 beta? Hooray. (Better not have those chit chatting marines).

31st? 3 days to the beatdown of Hell.

PS- I'm guessing sgtmrkiv didn't like Brutal Strife and abandoned it. Sigh.

Cool, i just hate the voices of the marines , might be better if He replaces them with better voices Δ_Δ .

Not really fussed about a new Brutal Doom version. But I am interested by the release of the 'Starter Pack', to see if anyone can make a good Brutal Doom designed megawad.

Honestly, it's looking pretty damn cool. It seems as though some of the more over-the-top elements have been reeled in a bit. The new elements like the turrets and the jet dropping the bombs is cool. I'm actually pretty excited. The maps look great, too. I'll have to grab this soon.

I stopped caring about it after using Smooth Doom, but I might give it a shot anyway.

boris said:

No scrotum on the shotgun? Will not play.

When Mark added the sling to the shotgun, people complained about it being a visual distraction. Now you're complaining about it being removed?

HavoX said:

When Mark added the sling to the shotgun, people complained about it being a visual distraction. Now you're complaining about it being removed?

I'm pretty sure boris was being facetious when he said that. :v

Only thing I'm looking forward to in this release is the map pack. Been wanting to cut my teeth on it with DoomRL Arsenal and Trailblazer since I first saw screenshots of it.

Saw the comments and lol, a flame war between the boring Doom fad mod aka Complex Doom and Brutal Doom.
Guess it's hard to put diferences aside and accept that both have pros and cons.

Scuba Steve said:

This is what Doom 4 should have been.

I'm honestly much happier with the direction DOOM 4 is actually going in.
I'd much rather play what id is making, than this.

I find it funny how most times theres a flame war whenever Brutal Doom gets bought up, its just a doom mod lol.
Ill be sure to give the new megawad a try to see what it's like although there seems to be more realistic maps over surreal ones which im not too keen on.

rf` said:

I've already seen Tarnsman play the Starter Pack.

Do you have the link to the stream?

Alright, color me impressed. This is definitely the most focused and professional I've ever seen Brutal Doom look. The new maps seem fantastic as well. I think Sgt. Mark nailed the urban aesthetics. It's interesting because I was just complaining the other day about how I wanted Doom II to resemble genuine earth more. These maps are kind of how I would have envisioned a more convincing Doom II: Hell on Earth to look. No offence to the actual Doom II as I love that game to death (obviously.) But yeah, I'm really looking forward to this. I think it's going to be super fun and that's what matters most of all.

While watching this one must imagine a Young John Romero sitting behind his computer during a Visit To ID Software while outing the sound "Boom" with an excited teen macho voice. This must be what they where imagining instead of producing at that time. He revelled at the sight of the violence and gore. :3

Well, I'm not too surprised. I just hope he cleaned up the DECORATE code as well...

Haven't seen this video, but if what you're saying is true, then I'm getting for sure. Can't handle the damn fps.

Edit: just saw it and impressed.
But I really just to see this Memorial map itself, looks hardcore!

FireFish said:

While watching this one must imagine a Young John Romero sitting behind his computer during a Visit To ID Software while outing the sound "Boom" with an excited teen macho voice. This must be what they where imagining instead of producing at that time. He revelled at the sight of the violence and gore. :3

I think of Brutal DOOM as what DOOM would have been as a BUILD engine game. Like Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke Nukem 3D and Redneck Rampage. Those games were similarly over-the-top and jokey.

I Remember the first minute when BDv20 was released, my Server was the only and the first Brutal Doom v20 server with about 30 Players on Zandronum (Woah that's too many), still it lagged badly without even loading any Megawads.

I hope Sgt Mark IV replaces the Revenant Cannons with something else, cause they look more like a modified Cryogun from HacX. Well two of them.