Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi

Basically got the pirate doom mod and I do not know how to set the OpenGL, can someone please explain on how to do this?

You need to use GZDoom to play Pirate Doom. If GZDoom does not start in OpenGL, it might be because your hardware is incompatible with OpenGL 3.0, if so you need to find a 1.8 build of GZDoom (not the 2.0+ branch).

It will automatically launch it without letting me select openGL, I'll try find the 1.8 version, thanks heaps for the responses.

GZDoom doesn't give an option to choose the renderer. You can start it, type

vid_renderer 1
in the console, then quit and restart.

All the times I used GZdoom it always used opengl as the default renderer. The only time for me it used software as default was because I had no openGL acceleration, you would want to check that out.

It will say something like " OpenGL not accelerated! reverting to software renderer." on first boot. If so, you need to install the drivers for your gpu.

Gez said:

GZDoom doesn't give an option to choose the renderer. You can start it, type

vid_renderer 1
in the console, then quit and restart.

I changed it to zero, but its still in OpenGL.
Yes, I want it in Software.

This is GZDoom 1.8.6 on D-Touch 3.2 (please no "you have to update it").

GZDoom on D-Touch doesn't have any software renderer, it had to be removed (as well as OPL emulation and old FMOD) for legal reasons to allow selling the program.

Voros said:

Yes, I want it in Software.

This is on D-Touch 3.2

The software renderer has been removed from the GZDoom implementation of D-Touch, because of code license issues. (Some parts of the software renderer contain code under a license incompatible with commercial use, so the entire renderer was removed.)