Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SkwisgaarScampini

My 6 Map MEGAWAD

So i posted my MAP06 yesterday from this WAD, but this is all of what I have of my current 32-map megawad in the making...6 maps so far (Map01-Map06)

Sourceport: GZDoom
IWADS Used: Doom, Doom2, Doom2: The Plutonia Experiment
Built Using: Doom Builder 2
Jumping: NO
Difficulty: Ultra-Violence

Here's the download, I would appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7af1gjm9lqo8ji4/Enchanted+Forest.wad

Dude, it would be quite better if you will not use three IWADs instead of one, but with additional texture pack.

I will check them later. First I need to finish what I started nearly a month ago.

I have launched the wad in GZDoom with these parameters:

gzdoom -iwad doom2.wad -file doom.wad plutonia.wad "Enchanted Forest.wad"
And then again with these:
gzdoom -iwad plutonia.wad -file doom.wad doom2.wad "Enchanted Forest.wad"
In both cases, I still see missing textures, particularly a missing floor texture on the pavements in the start area. You must have used another texture resource that you didn't mention, or you did something wrong to your copies of IWADs (you should never edit them), or you don't have the official versions of them (v1.9).

Anyway, which of the wads is supposed to be used as the IWAD, Doom 2 or Plutonia?

Using resources from mutliple iwads? Is it possible you could just merge the doom and plutonia resources into your wad so it can be played in Doom2? This is the first time I've ever seen someone use multiple iwads for one pwad.. Such a thing wasn't even really possible until somewhat recently.

@Doomkid: Your statements are false. ZDoom based ports allow such a thing easily, and probably even classic ports would handle it with a specially made TEXTURE1/PNAMES for the specific IWAD combination. Also, ripping resources from the IWADs is not exactly copyright-kosher. I think the practice of having to load resources from multiple wads (even IWADs) is alright. Definitely better than yet another incompetent newbie who would upload an entire IWAD with his wad (which is a copyright infringement crime).

As he said, he used the following three:

Doom.wad
Doom2.wad
plgfxd2-fix.wad

When I loaded the wad with these three, there were no missing textures anymore.

scifista42 said:

@Doomkid: Your statements are false. ZDoom based ports allow such a thing easily, and probably even classic ports would handle it with a specially made TEXTURE1/PNAMES for the specific IWAD combination.

When I said "Somewhat recently" I meant since ZDoom.. Which I suppose isn't recent, but as far as Doom goes my perspective is stuck a few years back :P

I don't think anyone is going to mind a few (or many, really) Doom1/Plutonia IWAD textures being ripped and used in a Doom2 pwad. If it is that big of a deal you could fool me, as hundreds and hundreds of wads on the archives do this, some of mine included.

Anyway, it's just the thought of loading several iwads seems strange to me, that's all - Not a big deal really, just very unorthodox.