Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wereknight

CWolf's FreeDoom workshop (textures, sprites, something else)

bump.

Doctors have found some "health issues"... well I'm still there until Nov, 16... Jesus why...

I'll continue to work on stuff.

Cool that your back for now. Too bad you've been delayed for joining the military.

cwolf that looks real good!

the previous version didnt look like anything to me, but these new drone flare is freakin great :)

Voros said:

<3
This is excellent!

Is the hardest part the fire or the death? I'm guessing the latter.

Death. I dunno it should explode or de-materialise like D3 demons...

Protox said:

i wonder how he is going to fit a pain state in this guy. (sad face?)

Have the eyes glow a very bright red, head leaning down a little.

I see what you mean. But why not make the white parts more darker?

Spoiler

Sidenote: if this gets added, it won't work very well with the Deadflare ball, for obvious reasons.

Voros said:

I see what you mean. But why not make the white parts more darker?

Spoiler

Sidenote: if this gets added, it won't work very well with the Deadflare ball, for obvious reasons.

1) By design.
2) Yeah I know. Remember that platform that I tried to present as possible Mastermind?

By design? I think you have no choice, but to lower the intensity of the white portions of this deadflare, to make it look more natural with fullbright.
The one with the metal heart? Not sure how that would be not cool or fitting for Freedoom. I thought it was an excellent idea, although a bit creepy.
I just meant that the Deadflare ball clearly shows fredrik's deadflares. To see the ball suddenly spawn your deadflare wouldn't make sense, graphically.

@voros

it doesnt have to be added immediatly you know. anyways i have slowly been working on a pain elemental and i think it fits well with cwolf's new dead flare

raymoohawk said:

@voros

it doesnt have to be added immediatly you know.

Didn't say it had to.

It's not normal for someone to clench their fist half way through already swinging a punch. The hand also looks very weird when it clenches.

I think part of the reason it looks so weird is how the rest of the punch animation is so smooth, but the 'clenching' and the movement of the glove are instant - 1 frame long.

Aside from that, looks awesome.

Dragonfly said:

It's not normal for someone to clench their fist half way through already swinging a punch.

Yes it is; it is another of the small, insignificant-seeming motions which adds power to a punch, same as turning your hand mid-swing. As for the fist sprites themselves here; I think the look fine, pending seeing them in-game. Though perhaps what it is that looks strange is the timing of clenching the fist; perhaps the fist should be clenched just slightly before where it is currently in the order of things. Idk, either way, nice work!

The hands look great, but the animation is poor. Hand should clench immediately, and also the forearm should rotate as it goes out (anticlockwise) since right now it looks more like someone reaching out to grab a chocolate.

Romero head looks really good too, shame most people won't see it unless they idclip around the final map :)

raymoohawk said:

i think sodaholic suggested not making a traditional icon of sin map, so maybe the head could be exposed

Yes he did.

Blastfrog said in the general consensus of Freedoom thread:
The final level of phase 2 would take place inside this [ancient] being and should be a completely different gimmick than raising a lift and shooting rockets. Perhaps have a series of switches you have to activate that temporarily expose the boss's weakpoint, and use the Keen actors as destructible shielding that you have to gradually widdle down to get to the Romero head.

@cwolf try angling the punch frames by 1-3 degrees anticlockwise, so that it'll look more natural ingame. Eg
first frame: 1 degrees anti-clockwise
Second frame: 2 degrees anti-clockwise
Third frame: 2/3 degrees anti-clockwise
Etc

Spoiler

Something like skelegant did on Zdoom:

You get the idea.

And yeah, what others said about the clenching fist part.

To be honest, I don't like this new fist sprite. The hand looks too veiny, and together with the pale skin tone, makes it look like a dried up corpse.
I do like the new Romero head however. I also really like the idea of not having a traditional IoS fight. Maybe we could make it so, in order to expose the head, you have to shoot at some commander keens(the fat lizards in glass tubes). I mean, the lizard keens fit well with the rest of the enemies, so we don't need to use them only in the secret maps.