Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wereknight

CWolf's FreeDoom workshop (textures, sprites, something else)

MrFlibble said:

I totally missed your previous post with the new Deadflare. It looks cool, and I like the green one even better. Great job!

BTW, did your backpack get submitted into the project?

Thanks.

No, backpack was submitted but denied.

Alright, I might to do full spritesheet on next week, I think?

MrFlibble said:

That's a pretty awesome monster design I should say!

Glad you like it too.

<b>EDIT</b>: Now I see skull need more care in texturing.

Old variant:

New one:

I quite like the green flames. Gives it a will-o-the-wisp look, while the skull itself look ambiguously alien, so it fits nicely with both Doom and Freedoom design wise.

Note that the lost soul is fullbright, so there really ought to be flames to justify that. Not nearly as much as what was shown, but some for sure.

Really cool monster design, btw.

Blastfrog said:

Note that the lost soul is fullbright, so there really ought to be flames to justify that. Not nearly as much as what was shown, but some for sure.

Ye I know about fullbright. I'll do less of fire this time, but better in quality.

Blastfrog said:

Really cool monster design, btw.

Thanks. Glad you like it.

PS: AW SHIT 100th post.

You're focusing too much on the shapes of the individual lumps or stones and not enough on the whole shape. Right now it looks like a flat arrangement of rocks because of that, and while you did clean it up a lot, it's still hard to see what it is.

A quick approximation of what I think the overall shape is. Compare the readability.

You could still go for a stony look if you wanted, perhaps by adding glowing cracks on the surface instead of deep gaps between lumps. Also, centre your light.

CWolf said:

I kind of like the old one better, with moar flames. It reminds me of the Infernal from Warcraft III a bit.

torridgristle, interesting how you transformed CWolf's design into something that has a very different appearance.

But I still like the old version. I think it gets across the idea of very intense flame quite well, as if the high temperature of the air around the monster slightly distorts the shape of its appearance. (Compare this to how the Infernal is portrayed in the Warcraft III intro cinematic.)

MrFlibble said:

I kind of like the old one better, with moar flames. It reminds me of the Infernal from Warcraft III a bit.

Oh, right... pretty close, actually. :D

Don't worry, You'll see fire. I need to re-do it. But first, I need to finish the skull's rotation and death sprites.

Protox said:

is possible to we see a screenshot of him in game? dont need to be all angles i'm only wanting to see him.

Sure, don't you worry. =)

EDIT: Another design change
Before:

After:

That is sick CWolf!

But what's happening in the attack frames? Is its forehead opening up?

I love this new design though. Seems robotic, and yet just doesn't seem like one at the same time.

The third frame doesn't make sense (the backside) why is are tusks facing in the other direction?

That is awesome, though the fire in the 3rd and 4th frames seem to be a bit too much.

Time has come guys.
They give me 2weeks for pack all stuff that may be need. Army awaits.

I gave flare's. PSD to Blastfrog so don't you worry.