Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nikita_Sadkov

Freedoom Youtube Comments

These commenters at freedoom videos sound overly angry, like some religious fanatics who got rickrolled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjoLGFzN6sY
"- The many time I explain to my friend, He still thinks this is a ripoff bootleg of Doom.... Wow....

- Why change the old MAP01 music??

- This sucks so hard. Like a cheap chinese smartphone compared to iPhone.

- Is freedom basically a bunch of mediocre homebrew levels put together?

- Sorry, but this sucks. The levels are too scatter-brained and not very well thought out.

- I remember when I lost my Doom 2 copy back in the day, I use to try to pirate it because I didn't want to buy it again and I always ended up downloading this because people often renamed it to DOOM2.wad and I was really confused

- I miss sprites in games.

- brutal doom is much better"

HorrorMovieGuy said:

Youtube comment section has always been a cesspit of hostile drivel. Don't take it so seriously.

People on the other videos have complained that some Freedoom distros supply Oblige-generated levels. So Freedoom is getting bad PR.

Nikita_Sadkov said:

- Sorry, but this sucks. The levels are too scatter-brained and not very well thought out.

looks like you need better maps!!!

On a more serious note, don't pay any attention to Youtube comments. 99% of the time there's just no point in giving a shit about them.

Nikita_Sadkov said:

These commenters at freedoom videos sound overly angry, like some religious fanatics who got rickrolled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjoLGFzN6sY
"- The many time I explain to my friend, He still thinks this is a ripoff bootleg of Doom.... Wow....

- Why change the old MAP01 music??

- This sucks so hard. Like a cheap chinese smartphone compared to iPhone.

- I remember when I lost my Doom 2 copy back in the day, I use to try to pirate it because I didn't want to buy it again and I always ended up downloading this because people often renamed it to DOOM2.wad and I was really confused

- I miss sprites in games.

- brutal doom is much better"

Commentors, for you.

- I'm glad you understand Freedoom, unlike your friend.

- Map01's old music was a remix of Doom 2 map01 music, so copyright violention.

- Freedoom is a life saver for those who can't find Doom. Can you make a better Freedoom?

- Maps made by pro mappers, not amatuer ones. And pro maps rock.

- It's still not finished, but its very near (come on, since 2003 its been developed!).

- That works too. Unless you have a sourceport, such as PrBoom + or (G)ZDoom.

- Me too. Doesn't Freedoom count as a modern game (0.10.1 was released in 2015)?

- Eventually, you'll see how boring it gets with vanilla maps. And its Starter Pack is not vanilla compatible (possibly).

Youtube comments are usually not worth bothering with. at all. seriously, don't pay attention to them. the minuscule amount of actual substantial discussion going on is drowned out by morons usually. they're not going to matter to Freedoom's development at all.

^well that is true for some cases (nah, only arrogant and nitpicky ones).
But we can just enjoy what their bitching about.