Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wovenloaf

What are your pet peeves?

• Man buns that are also undercuts. When I was in high school, I had an undercut and it was a shitty, trashy, ugly haircut that only losers had. Why is it suddenly cool?

• Women making duck faces at the camera.

• When software fucks up due to its own bullshit, rather than user error. Recently I updated to Mac OS El Capitan, and it nulled Bootcamp (a program used to boot to Windows), due to the fact that I had Windows 7 installed on it, and not 8. So now I have to spend a bunch of money to buy a new copy of Windows because after torrenting it, I couldn't burn the ISO onto a DVD because my disk drive doesn't work anymore.

• People who yell "Woooooo!" at public events. That's some dumb white people bullshit and it ain't cute.

• People who are unable to complete a sentence without saying "motherfucker," "nigga" or "bitch."

• The idea of something being taboo, or to claim that something is objectively morally this or that. Neither morals nor taboos have any place in modern society.

GoatLord said:

• Women making duck faces at the camera.

Ah friggin' hell. Now I've remembered how much I fucking hate that! :p And on that note:

- Women who have either ridiculously thin eyebrows or huge fuck-off massive things that have obviously been drawn on. Fuck. That.

GoatLord said:

• The idea of something being taboo, or to claim that something is objectively morally this or that. Neither morals nor taboos have any place in modern society.

This. Though it's worse, I find, for things that were once considered taboo yet now are so incredibly common and widely accepted. As for the rest, well we live in an age where information on just about anything and everything can be easily accessed. It kind of makes something much less taboo.

Oh annnnnnd:

- Hipsters. Just fuck off. The only good thing about them are hipster jokes. Like the hipster chemist who got burned because he touched the flask before it was cool.

It's funny because "hipster" was a legit cool thing in the 40s. It meant you hung out with the cool cats. Pot-smoking jazz greats, beatniks, greasers, etc. That stopped being cool when rock-and-roll culture became absorbed by the mainstream.

I'll add to that though: The hipsterism of anti-hipsterism. I'm not saying you guys are hipsters or that there isn't a hipster problem, but it's gotten to a point where you can't even simply deviate from the status quo without being accused of mere contrarianism and hipsterism. We've gone from trend of trend to trend of anti-trend to trend of anti-anti-trend. Soon we'll be onto the trend of anti-anti-anti-trend, and so on, ad infinatum, until this dumb species commits suicide.

Yay! :3

When you pour a big bowl of cereal and then discover you're OUT OF MILK! ARGH!

Wovenloaf said:

I'll add to that though: The hipsterism of anti-hipsterism. I'm not saying you guys are hipsters or that there isn't a hipster problem, but it's gotten to a point where you can't even simply deviate from the status quo without being accused of mere contrarianism and hipsterism. We've gone from trend of trend to trend of anti-trend to trend of anti-anti-trend. Soon we'll be onto the trend of anti-anti-anti-trend, and so on, ad infinatum, until this dumb species commits suicide.

Yay! :3

Not being fashionable whatsoever could avoid it, like myself lol. Basically I have several sets of blue jeans and plain black shirts and an old pair of runners. My friends like to occasionally make fun of me for it and then respect it, funny enough. I never felt comfortable dressing up in bright colors or with all sorts of patterns, random words etc. The only time I enjoy dressing up is when it is in nice suits for weddings or important functions.

When on a fake news website one guy takes an article seriously and someone else immediately responds with "IT'S A SATIRE YOU MORON", completely ruining the humorous situation. Why not respond in an equally serious tone to make the situation even funnier instead?

When people use latin phrases other than etc and some other very well known ones. Annoying pompous asses.

Memfis said:

When on a fake news website one guy takes an article seriously and someone else immediately responds with "IT'S A SATIRE YOU MORON", completely ruining the humorous situation. Why not respond in an equally serious tone to make the situation even funnier instead?

I agree completely, it's goddamn hilarious when that happens and some loudmouth pipes up to ruin the fun. Some people don't have any foresight, combined with a sheer lack of sense of humor!

When people use phrases incorrectly and don't realize it. I know there's a bunch, but the only one that comes to mind right now is saying "For all intensive purposes" instead of "For all intents and purposes."

Don't get me started. One thing that really ticks me off is people saying stuff like "more easier" or "more harder" or this real belter "more difficulter." That was when I used to work in a call centre. Usually people who'd been doing the job for years too. Fuck me, that was annoying!

Zombies in pop culture. Or anywhere these days. Especially nazi zombies. My god, that pissed me off the most.

Know what the difference between a zombie and a nazi zombie is?

FUCKING NOTHING!

Nazis, zombies, pirates, ninjas, etc. Getting really tired of random "cool" stuff getting turned into a million movies and worthless memes.

Also, when I see folks talking about how much they're into metal, but it's sissy stuff for kids, generic bands like Metallica, or commercial hard rock that's barely metal. They typically have very little understanding of the history of the genre and its defining groups.

GoatLord said:

Also, when I see folks talking about how much they're into metal, but it's sissy stuff for kids, generic bands like Metallica, or commercial hard rock that's barely metal. They typically have very little understanding of the history of the genre and its defining groups.

Agreed. I don't know how it is now, but I remember when nu-metal was popular I'd read shit like, "OMG, LYK, LINKIN PARK R SO BR00TAL!!!!!!!! IM SUCH A METALHED LOL!"

The same thing goes for punk too. That a band like The Ataris, with their tepid "Jack and Diane"-type songs dressed up in spiked hair and distortion, passes for punk now is one of the greater tragedies of music. Not that I'm big into punk, but still.

Wovenloaf said:

Agreed. I don't know how it is now, but I remember when nu-metal was popular I'd read shit like, "OMG, LYK, LINKIN PARK R SO BR00TAL!!!!!!!! IM SUCH A METALHED LOL!"

The same thing goes for punk too. That a band like The Ataris, with their tepid "Jack and Diane"-type songs dressed up in spiked hair and distortion, passes for punk now is one of the greater tragedies of music. Not that I'm big into punk, but still.

The worst is when people who like those shitty bands try to act elitist, and actually disparage real metal bands.

Yeah, or insist that that extreme metal stuff "takes no talent and is just a bunch of cookie monster noise with people bashing their instruments as fast as they can".

Wovenloaf said:

Yeah, or insist that that extreme metal stuff "takes no talent and is just a bunch of cookie monster noise with people bashing their instruments as fast as they can".

Especially since modern pop, rap, and R&B bullshit is all auto-tuned. Moreover, the lyrics are contrived garbage that usually outsourced to professionals with more talent than the performer. Those nu/shit/mall core metal bands are lickspittle peons to their corporate funders. They are not artists.

Glad to see someone understands. Not sure if I can take seeing/hearing one more person talk about how "true" and "subversive" Nicki Minaj is. Ick.

I just remembered this pet peeve, having to pay for the DLC that's already within the game disc, it pisses me off, seriously?
And if that's not enough, it's becoming common these days, especially with fighting games.

Man... I love Nu Metal but there is no way I like Linkin Park. To my understanding Fear Factory are Nu Metal or similar to and they are epic. But I don't go around pretending I'm a metal head or anything, there is no value in it. I just want a brutal sounding song that's intelligible.

Quite often I find real heavy metal to have awesome rhythms and beats but then the vocalist roars way too hard where it doesn't become part of the song rather distracts my attention away from the music. So I tend to translate the lyrics as:
"Listen to me, Listen to me! FUCK THE MUSIC, Listen to me, Listen to MEEEE!"

Another Pet Peeve:
Socially inept children / teenagers in online video games viciously trying to offend other players and consider themselves a clever troll for it. Not just verbally but also by action.

I don't like when software is discontinued because there's no longer a market for it, but you want to use it and there's no way to get it without digging deep for an illegal copy. To be honest I'm not sure I can call this a pet peeve, because it's only happened once, lol.

Even worse, when software is discontinued and there's nothing else to take it's damn place! More often than that even, I hate when the newer, hipper more "cutting edge" software that "replaces" an old program is filled with flashy button animations and is covered head to toe in bells and whistles, but it runs like shit and uses 10x the amount of data to get the same damn thing done.

The booming software market at the moment seems to be "well, its hardly functional, but damn that button has so many frames of animation!" Efficiency is longer longer valued... On a similar note, I hate UIs that offer less control to the user than ever before. That seems to be quite trendy right now.

Kontra Kommando said:

I really hate apathetic, taciturn people. I despise coldness.

Is that directed at me? Ah whatever.

Hope you're not missing the point but it's because they're saying "I could care less" when they mean "I don't care", or "I couldn't care less".

yukib1t said:

And "then"/"than".

AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Oh fuck it while I'm editing this I might as well add a few more examples that rustle my jimmies:
1. Shorthand typing when there is no character limit. Stop being a lazy cunt, type properly.
2. Incorrectly spelling things because it's the way your dumbass mouth pronounces them. e.g. "Somefink". Fuck off.
3. Liking your own posts on Facebook. As if I didn't have enough reasons to only sign in once a week. You sad, sad fucker.