Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

The next 90s first person shooter to receive a reboot?

GoatLord said:

Shit, I've been meaning to play Powerslave. The videos I've seen of it look fun.

Controls are garbage, I could never get them to feel right, and the side step keys are broken.

*hits internet*

Obviously we all agree on Quake. ;)

This morning I woke up thinking about the 90's FPS, Requiem Avenging Angel and how much I liked that game way back when. I remember replaying it a few years ago, but the game glitched out, making progress impossible. Some switch or door wouldn't open and I gave up on it. Too bad Cyclone Studios is defunct. Also some Quake 4 mod guys were recreating it, but that died and all they released was some textures. I wouldn't mind a reboot but that's not bloody likely.

*hits SCP-213*

1-Quake and Strife (they deserve it).

2-Descent (that was '90s right?)

3-Blood (never played, I had it and tried it a little, but I just couldn't get used to it... in fact, I never got used to any Build games for some reason).

P.S.- What does hits blunt even mean?

*hits something*

I would LOVE to see a Heretic and Hexen reboot...

I find the *hits blunt* thing funny, not only because I can't see it but also because it's an incredibly wasteful way to smoke. I don't care for them, but have little choice if I'm around minorities, because they love their blunts!

Anyway, it came out in 2000, but a remake of Perfect Dark would be super rad. There was some Xbox 360 release that I guess was a sequel, never played it. It looked kind of lame. And I know the original got an HD release recently, but I'm talking about a total revamping for current-gen hardware.

Wait, so you don't actually put "*hits blunt*" at the beginning of your posts, but someone rigged your posts so that it's automatically at the beginning? If so, that's strange and funny.

GoatLord said:

Anyway, it came out in 2000, but a remake of Perfect Dark would be super rad. There was some Xbox 360 release that I guess was a sequel, never played it. It looked kind of lame. And I know the original got an HD release recently, but I'm talking about a total revamping for current-gen hardware.

I so wish they would port the HD re-release to PC along with a map editor for multiplayer maps but fat chance of that ever happening. For a console game Perfect Dark has a lot of multiplayer features which you would normally only see a PC game with. PD certainly has some very satisfying weapons.

*hits chapstick (it's dry here...)*

Quake 1 (or Blood, but that ain't happening). My enjoyment of this game is tied so closely to their chunky, hw aesthetic, I'm not sure a large studio could even do it justice. For instance STRAFE probably comes closer than anything id could muster.

I'd still pay to see the attempt, though.

*farts*

As unlikely as it would be to actually happen, I'd love to see a new Strife. Also, a new Heretic/Hexen, perhaps?

Extreme Paintbrawl

It'd be fully developed in a couple week with the Pie in the Sky engine by an autistic child using assets ripped from the Build version, and it'd be released as a Windows 16-bit executable that is also infected by at least three different virus.

Wovenloaf said:

Wait, so you don't actually put "*hits blunt*" at the beginning of your posts, but someone rigged your posts so that it's automatically at the beginning? If so, that's strange and funny.

If you quote him then the *hits blunt* tekst will not be visible. His posts are rigged.

Ha! I wonder who did that and why? Maybe he did that voluntarily a couple times and they decided to stick him with it?

Anyway, in theory I would like it if they continued the old Unreal saga, but I fear that any remake of the games we would love would almost invariably turn into yet another linear, cutscene-laden, watered-down pile of junk.

*Tips Softly*
Reminder that if you want to play Powerslave, play one of the console versions.

Another FPS that i would like to see in full 201X-era glory would be the classic Medal of Honor(1999) and Underground(2000).

GoatLord said:

I find the *hits blunt* thing funny, not only because I can't see it but also because it's an incredibly wasteful way to smoke. I don't care for them, but have little choice if I'm around minorities, because they love their blunts!

Yes, I had that game. The gameplay was good for a shooter (possibly great, 2-3 years ago).
I just didn't like playing as a redhead...

GoatLord said:

I'd like to see a HD, high-poly remaster of Quake 3 Arena.

There is one. It's called Quake Live, and it's now $10 on steam.

I would want a new Hexen the most. That was the first Doom-engine based game I played, since I had the N64 version.
I've tried playing Hexen 2 before and I just couldn't get into it though.