Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

GZDoomBuilder - How to disable the custom-fields usage in visual mode?

I'm having a small annyoing poblem when i'm in visual mode in Gzdoom Builder for example: when i aim in a wall and i try to scroll up the light it make only the WALL light up instead of the whole sector like in Doom builder 2, same when i'm trying to ailing a wall i want to use normal X Y offsets intead it apply the custons X Y offsets.

So someone know some way to disable the use of custon fields in Visual mode to be like doom builder 2?

this has to do with the mapping format you're using (UDMF). in the standard Doom format, sectors have a light level and that's it, but in UDMF, a sector can have a light level, the walls inside it can have their own, same for the ceiling and floor.

anyway I find this kind of frustrating as well when I'm working in UDMF. when I'm adjusting brightness in 3d mode I most often want to adjust brightness for the whole sector, but this means that I have to make sure I'm aiming at the floor of a sector to do that, which can be a bit inconvenient. I actually posted a feature suggestion in the GZDB development thread asking to allow the standard light-changing behavior even in UDMF format, though I'm not sure if it was responded to. I'll check on that now actually...