Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

Mirrored/Flipped horizontally screen (NOT ROTATED)

Hello, community.

I already tried to google info about it, but epic failed. Maybe you know something...?

So, I need to really "mirror" a monitor screen. Like this:

Any thoughts or ideas, please?

Thanks for replies, guys. So:

@Gez:

I've seen those posts, they doesn't help, but thanks for try. I'm using Windows 8.1, asus laptop with Intel + Geforce videocards and it's impossible to mirror/flip horizontally. This is really strange terminology - "mirroring" here means "show the same on another displays", not "reflectivity". "Flip" means "turn on 90/180 degrees", not "reflectivity" again.

@ everyone:
And yes, I was not accurate to explain it clearly:

I have a normal images, I want to turn it "backwards". Why? Did you play Mirrored Doom or Mirrored Duke Nukem 3D? Try those mods (if you not already), it brings you back to good OLD times (like "childhood"), because it's again "new" even you know by heart every map/level.

Now just imagine - what about Resident Evil, Dead Space, The Suffering, Silent Hills, Tomb Raider, Crash Bandicoot, Max Payne, etc...ANY game is "mirrored"? Now forget to "go left here and do something when go straight and right", you must done it "vise versa".

And I want to do it. I thought it's really easy but no - we can only show the same picture on multi monitors (I've tried already UltraMon) and that means "mirroring" (bullshit!). And can only rotate monitor (flip, already tried it because no need any software - just check Windows-screen-options).

Real time, no photoshop or sony vegas edits.
P.S.: I know I'm crazy

I'm still confused what you want to do. Are you making a set of levels that are mirror versions of the originals? Your first post seems to be more about mirroring some wallpaper or something. Maybe you mean you want a port that can make the levels look mirrored?

I could use a beer or one of Goatlord's blunts right about now.

No, I want to use mirroring program (for monitor screen) to play any game reversed/backwards/mirrored/flipped. It's impossible to do reversed maps to every game, that's why I asked for this.

For Doom games there is mood.exe converter. No need any port features

DeXiaZ, you should read that first thread that Gez posted (specifically post #6 as noted). It links to an application that appears to do exactly what you are looking for; just be aware that it's going to bork any text on your screen as well so I hope you can read backwards.

BombChel said:

DeXiaZ, you should read that first thread that Gez posted (specifically post #6 as noted). It links to an application that appears to do exactly what you are looking for; just be aware that it's going to bork any text on your screen as well so I hope you can read backwards.

I've read this post before creating this thread -.-'

pvcmirror is good programm but there are no "alive" links to this. Now it's only history of nothing. I've even asked friends to help me find pvcmirror, but we got nothing.

You can switch to Linux and then use:

xrandr --output VGA1 --reflect x
Works with OpenGL also.

EDIT: That gigantic white spot is this damn bright light that shines through the window throughout most of the day.

Very good and impressive. Thank you for reply.

Well, Linux is a good thing but what about non-Linux OS?

Did u find a solution? if so, please tell me. I have your same desire too

On 1/2/2016 at 12:43 PM, Dexiaz said:

Very good and impressive. Thank you for reply.

Well, Linux is a good thing but what about non-Linux OS?

I can think of an overkill solution to this, which would involve using OBS Studio streaming software to capture the game.

In OBS scene settings you would adjust the captured source to be mirrored, and on top of this you would need to push the stream to a local streaming server, such as Unreal Media Server. Then perhaps using another computer, you would playback the stream using a media player that can connect to the live stream.

You could maybe get away with playing the stream on the same computer as you are streaming from, if you have the right kind of setup for it (multiple monitors probably). Or perhaps you could just look at the stream preview in the OBS window, if you can manage to ignore or hide most of the user interface.

2 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

All controls would need to be mirrored as well.

Never was a problem since most games does have key binding options. I don't know why you're posted this.

2 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

Because of mouse inputs?

Playing on gamepad, didn't care about the mouse. For Doom just play my mod which already inverts maps without VideoAdapter Magic

1 minute ago, smeghammer said:

What about a projector and look at the projected screen from the back? You'd obviously need a HDMI or whatever projector and a projection screen that is partially translucent so you can view from the back...

Possibly it would work, but I didn't find it worth a try. It's too complex solution for a such small task.

2 minutes ago, smeghammer said:

item #9 might help?

Not really, if you're playing games not in Chrome browser. But thanks, for some situations it would be helpful.

I would use a monitor and a mirror and then just look in the mirror

but nomatter what solution you take, text, statusbars etc would also all get mirrored

Maybe, just maybe, it would be something you could pull off using OBS?
You have the functionality to flip the screen horizontally, and I believe you can from there make further edits so perhaps it would be possible to isolate certain portions of the screen like any hud elements and rotate them back so they are readable...

I'm sure there may be some latency issues and its likely gonna be a drain on resources, but that may be an option to look into.

26 minutes ago, Dexiaz said:

Not really, if you're playing games not in Chrome browser. But thanks, for some situations it would be helpful.

Holy shit - I just went down a rabbit hole and found a version of SW doom that plays natively in Chrome:

https://doom.pdox.net/  (front end to play)

https://doom.pdox.net/faq.html (er - FAQ...)

https://developer.chrome.com/docs/native-client/nacl-and-pnacl/ (general info on Native Client)

You need to enable Native Client in Chrome, but - Doom in a browser!!!