Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Petition to Nintendo to release Star Fox 2

HavoX said:

Word to the wise... Online petitions don't work.

I know it has a snowball's chance in hell, but I wanna do it anyway.

fraggle said:

Bizarre that they developed the entire game and it never got released.

Reason being that they expected the N64 to launch sooner than it actually did.

It woulda made a pretty cool last hurrah for the SNES, the could have gotten a couple years of sales from that title. Star Fox 64 would have sold like mad (as it did anyway) when people saw the comparison a few years later. It surely would have been more profitable than developing and finishing a whole game then not releasing it, at the very least.

There is a fully functional beta of Star Fox 2 which plays as a full but short game. It might even have been near its finished state. It isnt hard to find trough the forums from the beta collectors and preservation fanatics.

Why would they waste their time developing a game but never releasing it?

FireFish said:

There is a fully functional beta of Star Fox 2 which plays as a full but short game. It might even have been near its finished state. It isnt hard to find trough the forums from the beta collectors and preservation fanatics.

Yeah, there's already a near-final proto of Star Fox 2 out there online, and pretty well documented.

So Star Fox Adventures was not the actual SF2. I never knew they had a real SF2 unreleased.

As a side note, you can buy a working cartridge of the game. There's also tutorials on how to do it yourself - the process will cannibalize a FX microchip cartridge. In some cases that cartridge is SNES Doom.

Sodaholic said:

Mind throwing a few signatures my way? :)

Can't. Some worthless American woman signed up for Change.org with my email address (because she couldn't spell her own and the site doesn't do verification on sign-up). I logged into her account and deleted it. My Gmail account is now prohibited from signing up on change.org and that's the way it should be.

The petition she signed was stupid. It was an attempt by a bunch of bleeding-heart American whiners to convince Chinese politicians to stop a dog-eating festival.

Petition to Nintendo to release EarthBound Zero (MOTHER). The game was already complete and they translated it to English, but it was never released. Probably because it is a total grindfest that has aged poorly compared to EarthBound (MOTHER 2), although I liked the plot more than EarthBound's.

Aliotroph? said:

convince Chinese politicians to stop a dog-eating festival.

That sounds like a hoax anyway. The only Asian country I know that eats dogs are Taiwan, and there they only eat a species of wild dog native to the island.

Tosi said:

That sounds like a hoax anyway. The only Asian country I know that eats dogs are Taiwan, and there they only eat a species of wild dog native to the island.

It's not. It was in the news that week. Dog eating has been common in parts of China for a long time. It's also a Korean thing sometimes. Shows up in accounts of North Korea tours.

HavoX said:

I wasn't aware of that since I haven't kept up with newer video games and consoles in a while. The last Nintendo console I owned was a Wii years ago. Did they ever release MOTHER 3?

Aliotroph? said:

It's not. It was in the news that week. Dog eating has been common in parts of China for a long time. It's also a Korean thing sometimes. Shows up in accounts of North Korea tours.

I didn't know that. I'm not too well-versed on East Asian cultures outside of Japan, where the idea of eating a dog is viewed about the same way as in the West. I've even seen it used to mock Koreans on Japanese message boards before, so I always thought it was just a racist stereotype used to emphasize the otherness of the cultures.

Did the other users use Japanese consumption of horse against them? Had horse in Japan. It was raw and it was tasty.

Anyway, as much as I think online petitions are stupid, it would be awesome if Nintendo released more prototypes and Japan-only games. I think it would require a serious cultural shift within the company before such a thing happened, though.

Aliotroph? said:

Did the other users use Japanese consumption of horse against them? Had horse in Japan. It was raw and it was tasty.

No because the users were all Japanese and anybody who wasn't Japnaese would quickly get flamed to oblivion due to xenophobia. I've never had horse meat, they don't sell it where I live in the USA but if I bought some cheap "beef" in Europe I'd get some horse eventually.

Aliotroph? said:

Anyway, as much as I think online petitions are stupid, it would be awesome if Nintendo released more prototypes and Japan-only games. I think it would require a serious cultural shift within the company before such a thing happened, though.

Honestly I don't think we're missing that much. A lot of the games that were never released over here were absolute garbage, and the few good ones are mostly above average. The really good ones have mostly been released in some form by now, like the single digit Final Fantasies and Tales of Phantasia.
I don't know much about unreleased prototypes other than Star Fox 2, which is practically complete and could use a release.

Tosi said:

Did they ever release MOTHER 3?

Only in Japan, sadly. But now that you mentioned it, they should consider doing an international release.