Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Civ

DOOM on Game Informer

So here we see the Baron properly for the first time, and Lost Souls are now confirmed. And they're perfect <3

I'm so happy a good portion of the Demons actually look Demonic.
Horns, hooves, claws and teeth.
And if anything, it makes me even happier with the Imps and Hellknights.
I know some people oppose that kind of design entirely, but I feel when used in moderation, as it is now, that kind of simple, sleek, almost alien style turns out amazing.

s13n1 said:

The issue is available already on the iPad app.

Might be because im Australian and living in the future..

I posted some new screens on my blog:

http://qdhd.tumblr.com/

Dude,this is awesome, thank you! =D

I have to say that I've been fairly uninterested in Doom 4. But these new screens look pretty damn good. I appreciate some of the nods towards the classic games and the designs are really nice. Kind of like the perfect fusion between the Doom 3 designs and the classics. Well, with the exception of the Cyberdemon, I'm not fond of its design. He looks too generic or something...I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'll be looking forward to grabbing a copy of Game Informer just for this.

Okay, so Doom 4 is doing some different shit than before judging by the Game Informer article, and it actually gives us a few juicy new game details.

From what I can list off right now as a big bit of info, your character improves over the course of the game. Argent cells increase your total health, armor and ammo capacity. Performance upgrades give permanent capability improvements, like increase agility (from movement speeds to how fast Finishers or mantles occur), or equipment effectiveness (I guess increasing the power of weapons or something?). And Runes are like special circumstancial buffs, such as activating an emergency slow-mo at 25 health or lower, or making it so you get faster with successive Finishers. For Runes, you can basically change them up as you wish for different abilities, rather than being stuck with what you set them to. Weapon attachments/upgrades are also notable, like an apparent grenade launcher for your normal shotgun.

Keycards confirmed for returning so it seems the hints of exploration before were true.

Also the Chainsaw is balanced. Sorta.
The ammunition we saw isn't for a superchainsaw or any alt function. Rather, they're fuel. Every kill costs fuel to do, and it seems like the chainsaw gets low ammo, but when you get an enemy with it, they're fucking dead. Larger enemies cost more fuel to kill. But since it counts as a glory kill you get health and ammo (for other weapons hopefully) as a reward for the risk of exposing yourself. Basically a 'fuck this demon in particular' weapon if you really want them out of your hair or want to weed out the weaklings for easy bonuses.

RikohZX said:

Runes are like special circumstancial buffs, such as activating an emergency slow-mo at 25 health or lower, or making it so you get faster with successive Finishers. For Runes, you can basically change them up as you wish for different abilities, rather than being stuck with what you set them to

I'm getting a PainKiller vibe with the cards and the charging up demon ability. Personally I approve. This is adding more to the series while maintaining classic gameplay.

Hm, I was skeptical about the chainsaw, but it seems like it's going to be a silver-bullet -like weapon. Saving chainsaw fuel for when you really need it, rather than just running through the level with mouse1 taped down.

hype++

Amazon France has also apparently leaked that the release date is June 30th
To add some credibility to this, they also leaked that Rise of the Tomb Raider's PC release would be the end of January before it was announced, and it turned out to be true.

wheresthebeef said:

To add some credibility to this, they also leaked that Rise of the Tomb Raider's PC release would be the end of January before it was announced, and it turned out to be true.

June 30 is the last day of Q2 2016, that means nothing.

HavoX said:

and besides, the game isn't even finished yet

Implying most modern games are finished before hitting the projected release date.

-Like: Upgrade system and how upgrades are used to make exploration worthwhile. Colored keycards and locked areas! Though it sounded as if they were all optional, but maybe the journalist just didn't get it.
I like the idea of the small hell portals and how an arena battle is initialised by them.
The hell screenshot and that clean white lab area look beautiful!

-Don't like: Lost Soul and Pinky look too cartoonish and too much like rehashed versions of 1990s Doom. Boring. I liked the creepier Doom 3 versions much better. But I know that most of you just wanted exactly this cartoony heavy metal cover style... well, they can't please everyone.

DooM_RO said:

I have a feeling it's gonna be out in April/May.

You're so hyped you can't sleep, admit it. I know, me to.

Hofmann said:

You're so hyped you can't sleep, admit it. I know, me to.

I think about it almost constantly. Happened the same with Wolfenstein.

RikohZX said:

If anyone wants the articles in full, here you go in a handy imgur album format.

Thanks for this!

wheresthebeef said:

To remove credibility for this, Amazon France routinely guesses at release dates wildly. They claimed No Man's Sky was releasing on October 28 2015. Turned out that was actually the date of the Paris Games Week presentation on the game. Don't trust Amazon France.

I see the article refers to barons by name, which is cool. There's also mention of a summoner, I wonder what that is.
Still no pain elementals or arachnotrons+masterminds though :(

Eris Falling said:

I see the article refers to barons by name, which is cool. There's also mention of a summoner, I wonder what that is.

Since they haven't been very creative with new monsters I guess it's the Arch-Vile.