Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angry Saint

ChocoRenderLimit for Hexen

I doubt it, but playtesting your map in Chocolate Hexen in combination with checking out Visplane Explorer in a map editor should be almost equivalent to it.

Some of Hexen's vanilla limits are higher than Doom's, according to this doomwiki page - notably, Hexen handles up to 160 visplanes and 192 vissprites. Also check the Hexen-specific limits on that page.

I have this problem with my map:

The Visplane Overflow check with GZDBuilder show it is all ok in that area, I don't know what can be the cause...

Do you have sectors of the sky ceiling with different light levels from their neighbors? If they have a lower height they will cause those cut-offs.

Visplane Explorer has 4 different modes for viewing Visplanes, Drawsegs, Solidsegs and Openings. You can switch between them via a small selection list which should be next to the Visplane Explorer icon.

Drawseg overflows are caused by too many linedefs in player's view. If you wanted to get rid of them for the sake of vanilla compatibility, you would have to reduce numbers of linedefs that the player can see at the same time from each problematique area.

Ok, I will do this for Vanilla compatibility.

Thank you Scifista42 and gaspe for your help. I've learnt something new and useful.