Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomtodeath

Movies you enjoyed, but nobody else did?

Have you ever seen a movie, loved it, then checked reviews/asked friends and found out that it was apparently pretty bad?
one of mine was the original Clash of the titans.

Doomtodeath said:

Have you ever seen a movie, loved it, then checked reviews/asked friends and found out that it was apparently pretty bad?

Yup. The Green Mile. For strange reason only few from my "circle" love that movie...

Doomtodeath said:

Good call. I saw this at the theater as a little kid and even have some of the toys somewhere.

Movies I liked:
- Who's That Girl(Madonna movie)
- Freddy Got Fingered
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2

Screamers... Still love that movie. I love atmosphere, characters and humor in that movie and I'm a little disappointed because of low rating =(

RoboCop 2. The original is my favorite movie of all time hands down, and nothing related to the franchise touches it, but I think 2 gets more flak than it deserves. 3 sucked shit though.

pritch said:

I like Star Trek III and even Trek fans are liable to disown you for that.

I always liked that Trek film.

Predator 2
Alien 3
Street Fighter
Godzilla (1998)
Mystery Men
The Core
The Hulk (2003)
Eragon
Cowboys & Aliens
The Last Stand

yukib1t said:

Ultramarines: A Warhammer 40,000 Movie. I fangirl every time I see it.

Is that actually a thing and not just a fake trailer on youtube?
EDIT: Ok looks like it is. But I wonder how they got all these awesome actors on board and still couldn't fund the CGI to be better.

Rambo IV, over the top gore that looks realistic, there's a lot of action and then pure carnage, i love it, to me it's the most underrated of all Rambo movies.

Jaws In Space said:

The Core

Oh, come on. The Core is amazing and doesn't belong in this thread. It belongs to the fabled "It's so bad it's good" category along with The Room, Death Wish 3, Andy Sidaris movies, etc etc.

As a couple already said, Alien Resurrection and Predator 2.

There's a movie I am embarrassed to say I like watching. Perhaps it should belong in the inevitably incoming "embarrassing movies you enjoy watching". Anyway, it's Cold Mountain. It's just a damn romance... I think. But damn it I enjoy it.

kristus said:

Is that actually a thing and not just a fake trailer on youtube?
EDIT: Ok looks like it is. But I wonder how they got all these awesome actors on board and still couldn't fund the CGI to be better.

No idea, but I think the studio who did the animation, this was their first job. Also, it had a small-ish budget. But yes, it's real (and I love it).

Liked Prometheus.First Clash of the Titans, Nazis at the Center of the Earth.That one was extremely stupid along with Frankenstein's Army, but I liked them.And on a lighter note, Spaceballs.

Doominator2 said:

Alien Resurrection, it was a fun movie to watch and the hybrids were somewhat interesting.

Everyone only likes that one for the "French directing" :^)