Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JXC

Questions about some Boom tricks not used in boomedit.wad

I have thought of some cool Boom tricks that are not in boomedit.wad. First, is it possible to actually combine the mud friction with the fake underwater effect and damage floors for a realistic underwater effect? Another trick I have in mind is faking the room over room effect with an elevator instead of a staircase. How do I do these tricks?

1. Easy. Just apply floor scrolling, height transfer, friction and damaging effect onto the same sector. If you know how to do each of them separately, you should have no problem with making all of them affect the same sector. Use generalized sector types for combining friction with damaging effect.

2. I don't understand what elevator or staircase you're talking about, or what exact purpose would the room-over-room have in this context. Would you elaborate?

The fake room over room effect is done by crossing a linedef which silently teleports the player. With a purely vertical movement, as the player rides an elevator, you couldn't do it.

You can have silent teleports in the doorways leading to the elevators. Then it would be possible, but you'd need different doors for different floors, so the trick wouldn't be perfect.

I can enter a room that leads to an elevator, go in the elevator, get out on the left or right, and then go into a room that takes to that "2nd story". How's that?

Really? Give me an example. Also, are there Boom wads for Ultimate Doom that replace certain objects with Doom 2 monsters. I have made a wad for fun in which the dead objects are replaced by Doom 2 monsters minus SS Nazi and Commander Keen. It works on PrBoom+ and Doom Retro.