Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Myles885

How to set Lives?

Hello! I am going to play GZDOOM co-op with a bunch of my friends, but it seems no matter what i do we have unlimited respawns. I've spent hours combing through google and all I've found remotely close is the SV_NORESPAWN command. Even back when I was using doom seeker the "Max Lives" box changed absolutely nothing.
Thx in advance!

Not sure how exactly, but the keyword you need to look for is "Survival". That's the name of a game mode which is exactly like coop but with limited lives.

GZDoom does not have a survival gamemode. The only non-vannila mode is has is team-deathmatch.

GZDoom allows ACS scripts yeah?

It may be tedious but if you make a working script you could simply copy and paste it into any map you want to play, if your friends are happy to download a duplicate of each map.

I have lots to learn myself so unfortunately I can't give you an example. But I would begin by trying to give every Player Spawn a tid and set a script to count every death until a limit has been reached. Once the number is reached the script may delete the player spawn or maybe move them in an enclosed room.