Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jon

David Bowie has died.

RIP Thin White Duke. One of my top five favorite artists and favorite people in general. So unexpected; I knew his health wasn't the best but he seemed to be doing well - everything he's been releasing since he surprised us with The Next Day was just amazing and raw. The world has lost a true icon.

A very sudden and unpleasant surprise. It's sad to see this institution of British rock music pass.

Terrible news. What a great artist that's been around and made it through the years without all the turmoil that follows most other musicians his age. Sad that he died that young.

RIP Bowie.

""This is Major Tom to Ground Control
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most the peculiar way
And the stars look very different today...""

Absolutely tragic.. He created some of the finest music out there. He will be sorely missed..

Jeez, right after he released a new album too. The website RateYourMusic changed their gold star rating system to a black star one. A really cool tribute. R.I.P.

Lemmy Kilmister died just days after his 70th birthday. Not even a month later, David Bowie died just days after his 69th birthday. Seriously, what the actual fuck?

RUSH said:

Jeez, right after he released a new album too. The website RateYourMusic changed their gold star rating system to a black star one. A really cool tribute. R.I.P.

I agree.

This is indeed sad news. David Bowie was indeed a legend of music, and his music brought joy to millions of people like me around the world. My condolences to to his friends and family, and his music will always have an impact on people.

Yeah the similarities to Lemmy are beyond eerie, Almost same age as Lemmy, 2 weeks apart, same cause, pretty much immediately after birthdays.
Some crazy shit.