Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deatheye

Doom Reaper Miniatures

Heyho,

I hope I'm in the correct forum here and it's allowed to ask.

I'm looking for some doom pewter miniatures made by reaper - especially for the arachnotron, baron of hell and the arch-vile.

There are some baron of hells on ebay but they are too expensive, I'm willing to pay 50-60$ for the baron, but I'd pay more for the arch-vile + arachnotron.

So yea that's it, maybe someone in here has one to sell - and sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.

Kind regards

Deatheye

They can reach rather ridiculous prices, but the prices on eBay do fluctuate. Maybe someone here on Doomworld will be willing to part with some; otherwise you might find that patience is the best strategy; eventually you'll find some go on sale for a more reasonable price.

This is a bit offtopic, but Bethesda made an extremely limited repressing of them about 2 years ago and they sold out within like, 2 or 3 days. It was $200 for I think 12 - 15 figurines... So fucking pissed that they stopped pressing them. I've been wanting to collect a few of these fuckers for over a decade now but the prices are astronomical.

I was glad they re-released them because even though the sets were expensive, the extra supply should ultimately reduce the price. The figures for sale on eBay now do seem to be cheaper than they were a couple of years ago, although I'm going on my own possibly flawed recollections and I haven't compared the prices.

I talked down someone from $1800 to $1200 for my current 1996 set.

you might be able to find a 2013 re-release set for cheaper, but not much.

Individually, the common pieces range from $20 - $200 depending on which piece it is and how common, but some of the rarer pieces will run beyond that, if you can find them.

Heyho,

thank you for your replies :)

Yea it's kinda hard to find those figurines and yes the prices vary much.

1200$ sounds fine to me for the old complete set, I'd probably pay around 400-500$ for the new set, I mean yes it's rare but it still is just a re-release from 2 years ago.

I'd also buy the new figurines but of course I wouldn't pay as much as I would for the original release.

Do you guys know any other site where I could find something besides ebay?

Buckshot said:

I talked down someone from $1800 to $1200 for my current 1996 set.

I paid about $1400 for a carded set 4 years ago, probably cost a fair bit more now in that condition.

Deatheye said:

I'd probably pay around 400-500$ for the new set, I mean yes it's rare but it still is just a re-release from 2 years ago.

I get the impression there's far fewer of the 2013 miniatures in circulation, so despite being newer the rule of supply and demand will influence the price paid for them.

As for other sites, Amazon carry a wide range of Reaper miniatures though a quick search turned up only a solitary mancubus.

GreyGhost is correct...

While the bethesda 2013 rerelease set is newer, there's far less of them, and the people who bought them are primarily the ones who missed out on the 1996 releases and don't feel like paying $1000+ for a 1996 set, and are going to keep them. I've yet to see a 2013 set for sale since bethesda closed orders on them a couple years ago. People also bought these to have painted to compliment their original 96 set (that they likely won't paint). While painting is cool, a genuine collection is unpainted and worth more in the eyes of most pro collectors and appraisals.

Also, keep in mind, the 2013 set was considered subpar compared to the original pieces, due to imperfect tin ratio and a couple of models that they had to cast from protypes as the original 96 casts were either too damaged or lost. Also the collectors carry case they were included in was cheap, foam wasn't fitted and caused many of the pieces to warp or break off during shipping or long term box storage.

You could beg mercy from one of the pewter mega collectors like Dusty Womack (who posts here from time to time), who has hundreds of copies of each pewter... though he's more into buying pewters than he is selling. And I wouldn't expect it to be cheap.. his pewter sets are primarily in the most pristine (if not still in blister pack) conditions.

Yeah I know this guy, wrote him on facebook, but in my opinion he's just a crazy loot hoarder and not a doom fan at all. I'm collecting doom stuff myself and when I have 2x the same sealed doom 2 CD big box I'm like "yea what do I do with the second one, better go and sell it" and he has every single pewter like 100 times and denies other doom fans/collectors to complete their collection, seems pretty antisocial in my eyes but that's just my opinion

The only thing I can even find on eBay is an ~$80 Mancubus! I honestly don't think I'll ever get my hands on one of these, I particularly want the marine but I don't think I'll ever find one for a price that's worth it. I've always loved the look of these figurines.. I wish they'd do one more print to get people hyped for Doom4 or something, but that's not gonna happen.

Collecting these miniatures is fun, I haven't collected these for couple years now, but I got most of them as painted, loose and boxed condition. Funny story: Reaper miniatures contacted me personally and asked my help to track down potential buyers for propainted sets. As a gift Reaper miniatures sended me original blisters with sculptor signatures. I also managed to track down original cyberdemon prototype miniature from ex Id software employee. Those are rarest collectible doom miniatures. I also got cyberdemon and spidermastermind resin figures I won on ebay couple years ago. I have never seen similar auctions since.

Doomkid said:

The only thing I can even find on eBay is an ~$80 Mancubus!

Try a different search phrase, "doom reaper" turned up 9 listings for me. No marines amongst them though one seller has a squad of zombies.

:)

oh btw am I allowed to sell stuff here in the forums? if yes, where exactly? I've got some big boxes I don't need anymore in very good condition or sealed.

Deatheye said:

Yeah I know this guy, wrote him on facebook, but in my opinion he's just a crazy loot hoarder and not a doom fan at all. I'm collecting doom stuff myself and when I have 2x the same sealed doom 2 CD big box I'm like "yea what do I do with the second one, better go and sell it" and he has every single pewter like 100 times and denies other doom fans/collectors to complete their collection, seems pretty antisocial in my eyes but that's just my opinion

Funny how the same thing is viewed so differently by 2 people. I have hundreds of hours into finding, collecting, painting and hanging display cases, photographing, writing descriptions, etc etc etc of my id Software collection (not just a DOOM collection). I do it because its a hobby and I enjoy having them around me as I play games. If having lots of them makes me a "crazy loot hoarder", so be it. I also choose to have multiple cars because I love to drive, so guess I'm a crazy car hoarder too. I have multiple shirts too, silly me.

I don't DENY anyone to complete their collection. Its called TIME. PATIENCE. EFFORT. The same things it took me to build my collection. I take pride in hunting down each item one at a time. I enjoy the process.

Its 100% fine with me if you want 1 of everything, I would never dream to insult someone for that. What I don't understand is why a stranger comes along and insults me for wanting more than 1 of everything (and gladly putting in the resources to obtain my goals). I haven't done anything that anyone else couldn't do if they wanted to.

Dusty

Deatheye said:

oh btw am I allowed to sell stuff here in the forums? if yes, where exactly? I've got some big boxes I don't need anymore in very good condition or sealed.

Items have sold through these forums in the past, though that sometimes leads to drama and flames, so most members would probably prefer to see your stuff listed on eBay (as an international listing) with a link and maybe some pictures posted in this sub-forum.

I'm trying to shift 3 x imps (1 painted); 1 painted mancubus; 2 x heavy weapons dudes. I have a caco I planned to hold onto. PM if anyone is interested. I've already got rid of my archie and arachnotron.

Deatheye said:

:)

What are you selling?

Dusty said:

I also choose to have multiple cars because I love to drive, so guess I'm a crazy car hoarder too. I have multiple shirts too, silly me.

It depends on the quantity of something, for example if there are 500 units of xy and someone hoards 450 of them and don't want to sell them again (even that would be ridiculous) just because he can, then is that really selfish and retarded in my opinion - and I don't insult you, I just say what I think about that kind of attitude/behaviour, I don't know who you are maybe you're a really cool guy but I really dislike that attitude

razorback said:

What are you selling?

I'll link the auctions when they're all up on ebay (Quake 1 complete Big Box, Quake 3 Tinbox, Final Doom Big Box and a sealed Doom 3 cardboard Box EU)

Jon said:

I'm trying to shift 3 x imps

If they're on a narrow ledge, one well placed rocket should do the job.

hey there,
i got a few of those miniatures lose and some in a opened blister.
i need to sell a few things and i want to sell those reapers in the blister and keep the lose ones.
i got a imp, baron of hell, zombie marine with autorifle and a heavy weapons dude in a blister.
does anyone know how much these are worth?
cant find any on the net.

forfkssake said:

does anyone know how much these are worth?

To get a feel for the market prices, your best bet is to go to eBay, search for "doom reaper" and check the "sold listings" box in the sidebar (since prices are irrelevant unless they actually sold). Example search.

Most ebay sales are for loose figures so you should expect ones in blister packs to go for quite a bit more.

The market prices for these may be because of Dusty driving them up and buying them all. Artificially inflating the prices most likely. And yes Dusty you do deny people the ability to complete their collections buy making these unaffordable and rare buy driving the prices sky high and buying hundreds of the same figure. Who needs 200 cacodemons to sit around with? A bit nutty!