Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roadworx

wait, so why do posts go to "post hell" instead of being deleted?

do they just go there so people can laugh at them or something?
because if that's the case then the mods here are great

For the most part, yes. It also shows as an example of what not to do.

Although if a post contains highly detailed personal information or something inappropriate (warez for example), it could be stripped and/or deleted.

GhostlyDeath said:

For the most part, yes. It also shows as an example of what not to do.

Although if a post contains highly detailed personal information or something inappropriate (warez for example), it could be stripped and/or deleted.

well that's cool

Some of the best (for various reasons) posts are in Hell'd threads. Would be a shame to see them disappear, so instead everything is preserved.

Shadow Hog said:

Because the world deserves to remember "doom = human body allegory".

Reading that it sounds like some kind of markov-like chaining except the source is probably the Doomworld forums.

It would be interesting in general if a bot were to be given the entire text of Doomworld just to see what it would pop out.

Linguica, make it happen!

Its purpose is to show people who are new to the forums what NOT to do here.

EDIT: crap, beaten by GhostlyDeath.

It cuts a bit on the "what happened to my thread, where did it go" factor; if a thread or a post disappeared you can take a look at Post Hell (and then another at Blogs) instead of complaining about forum software glitches eating your posts.

I do enjoy visiting Post Hell for the lulz from time to time. I've always been curious what the Losers forum looks like, but not enough to tempt fate. I've been banned before and it wasn't a fun feeling. I'm lucky worse didn't happen for my immediate ban evasion. So a visit to the Losers forum is something I'll keep off my bucket list.

I can't wait for the new Doom to come out and the increase in PH traffic though. Silly nubs.

There was once a thread about an ongoing gunfight/robbery/murder. The first reply was mine, about gun control and weapons being too easily accessible. Later that thread had been totally deleted, no hell.

There was also some guy who kept reregistering and posting a big links to warez and other junk. His posts were also deleted.

Post Hell is meant to preserve threads or posts that are stupid and risky general, and for other members to view it, to know they shouldn't do threads and posts like that, and to enjoy the ones that are just plain silly.

But deleted threads and posts are most of the time "over the line". Like harrasments, discrimination, absolute stupidity, etc.

I believe that Post Hell along with Doom Editing and possibly Doom Speed Demos are the only objectively good subforums on Doomworld, because their threads pretty much always have some kind of informative AND/OR educational AND/OR entertainment value AND they aren't prone to escalating drama and bullshit (Post Hell fits here because its threads are locked so the bullshit in them can't continue).

There possible find some really hilarious/stupid posts and make fun of it. If curious why user is banned - you can find out there.
Anyway for me is humiliating to get there + it's specialty of this site.

I like browsing Post Hell for the dumb shit that gets dumped in there and for the amusement factor.

I'm not sure, why is graffiti photographed before being painted over?

On the subject of Post Hell, anytime I visit that site I generally have my speakers and subwoofer on, and once the current PH music tune starts playing, my wife (who is from Bolivia [South America], mind you) starts dancing to the tune.

She even once angrily told me (after I closed the browser window) to "Put that song back on! I like it!"

:/

Buckshot said:

On the subject of Post Hell, anytime I visit that site I generally have my speakers and subwoofer on, and once the current PH music tune starts playing, my wife (who is from Bolivia [South America], mind you) starts dancing to the tune.

She even once angrily told me (after I closed the browser window) to "Put that song back on! I like it!"

:/

Buy her the Katamari Damacy soundtrack.

Kore said:

Wait, when did they update the flames on post hell? And for what reason?

So that they tile, because now it happens from time to time that people browse the Internet with something larger, in pixels, than a 800x600 window of Netscape Navigator.

I do know that there is occasionally some thread pruning that doesn't get preserved, like dew started a shitfight in a thread about passwords that's gone now. I for one am glad to see that particular incident blammed.