• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Notable 2015 demos

Old thread

I'll start with a few:
- Plutonia D2ALL NM-Speed run by Zero-Master. thread video

- IWAD UV-Speed records for all the D2ALLs and Doom 1 episodes (All by Zero-Master):
- Doom 2 in 19:59
- Doom Episode 1 in 4:57
- Doom Episode 2 in 3:27
- Doom Episode 3 in 3:47
- Doom Episode 4 in 3:11
- TNT: Evilution in 39:57

- TNT maps 2 and 9 NM100 by Ancalagon. map 2 demo map 9 demo

I'll add some more later on.

Edit: more demos

- Doom 1 episode Tysons by Joca64:
- Episode 1 in 34:18, video
- Episode 2 in 45:19, video
- Episode 3 in 42:00, video

- Doom 2 episode 1 Tyson in 63:29 by j4rio.
- Doom 2 the Way id Did by eLim in 32:06, video

Dime said:

should just change it to the notable zeromaster 2015 demo thread.

Yep... But I would like to add some demos from Sunlust thread. For example Koren's demo on MAP30 is really impressive.

Rayzik recorded a great UV-Max demo of Swim With The Whales MAP03, but didn't upload the demo to DSDA. Here's a youtube link, and the description includes a link to download the demo.

Let's add a few
Requien map14 Nighmare: Not one of my favorites but there is so much work put into this demo that it should be here
This tas: It even made his way to TASvideos
Aqfaq and j4rio's really long tysons deserve to be mentioned too, filling tyson holes using the most grindy strats.

And now for demos that weren't notable but are some of my personal favs.

Sunder map10 max: I will always like improvements over sunder maxes, and this one is a 3 minutes one.
Sunder map05 max: Killer5 didn't post his demos in the forum but the guy is beating many of the sunder maxes, this one is his best IMO.
MM2 map22 NM-speed: Self promotion!, I like long and hard nm runs and I am happy I successfully completed one :)

Ancalagon said:

Sunder map05 max: Killer5 didn't post his demos in the forum but the guy is beating many of the sunder maxes, this one is his best IMO.

yeah I was bummed to see him beat my time so much :p. such a frustrating demo I just assumed no one else would have the patience to try it. guy's good, I noticed him posting runs to his yt page: https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZzul

I wanted to mention this one in my previus post but forgot it:

Doom2 NM-Speed by eLim: I pick this one over zm's faster run because it was a great surprise to see an unknown player (at least for me) beat the doom2 NM record. Demo relies too much on tricks that Henning didn't know to get a better time but it's always nice to see new good players and I am waiting for him to retake the record ;)

Edit: I think some doom1 episodes got new NM runs during 2015 too?, can't find when the episode 2 demo was posted

Ancalagon said:

Doom2 NM-Speed by eLim: I pick this one over zm's faster run because it was a great surprise to see an unknown player (at least for me) beat the doom2 NM record.

Try googling "elim quake", he reached the top tier in Quake Live and played tourneys with the pr0 st4rs at one point. It's really awesome when someone like him finds his way back to goold old clunky Doom.

ZeroMaster010 said:

And also a lot of wonderful demos have been done by 4shockblast, however who knows when he will decide when the perdgate demo pack is good enough to be posted :D

At this point, the pack depends a lot more on other runners who plan on submitting; I'm mostly done with the pack. :P Hopefully, it'll be out within the first 1-2 months.

Ancalagon said:

Edit: I think some doom1 episodes got new NM runs during 2015 too?, can't find when the episode 2 demo was posted

Yeah, eLim and then Gurlugon posted improvements to ep 2 NM-Speed with the void glide. Gurlugon is another fairly recent runner, made a bunch of pretty good Doom 1 NM ILs you could call notable as well. Link to Gurlugon's ep 2 NM-Speed.

I'll add some more demos to my list in the OP.

Maybe it's not super notable but I saw how much effort went into this demo:
Valiant Map27 UV-Speed in 1:27 by Krankdud

That was one tough freakin nut to crack! Mad respect to Krankdud's seemingly eternal patience haha