Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scifista42

SLADE3 - Replace in maps - unable to replace LAVA1

This map by SFoZ911 contains SLIME01-SLIME04 and LAVA1-LAVA4 replacements, and a map using them. I needed to turn them into custom flats, in order to not replace stock flats when compiled together with other maps. So I renamed the graphics to SFOZE01-SFOZE04 and SFOZ1-SFOZ4 respectively. Then I tried to use SLADE3's "Replace in maps" feature. I successfully replaced SLIME01 with SFOZE01, and the same with 02-04. But trying to replace LAVA1 with SFOZ1 and the same with numbers 2-4 didn't have any effect, despite the fact that the map actually uses LAVA1. Apparently, SLADE3 didn't find any instances to replace. Looks like a SLADE3 bug, or does it have any explanation I don't see? Take this as a bug report anyway.

It isn't, but that shouldn't be an issue here. SLADE3 shouldn't be checking for either ANIMATED or ANIMDEFS when simply replacing textures.

scifista42 said:

It isn't, but that shouldn't be an issue here. SLADE3 shouldn't be checking for either ANIMATED or ANIMDEFS when simply replacing textures.

And it isn't.

What version of SLADE are you using? There was a bug where it failed to detect texture matches when they had short names, but it has been fixed IIRC.