Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Exporting problems

I am trying to get some MIDIs from WADs exported, however, XWE saves it as .lmp and later, it doesn't work and Slade 3 doesn't work on my PC.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Kappes Buur said:

Try changing the extension from lmp to mid.

Already tried. No success.

I just tried to replicate this with XWE and there don't seem to be any options for exporting the MUS files as MIDIs, I think XWE needs MUS2MIDI to export it in a playable format.

@Kappes Buur I do not have that option. Also Mus2Mid does not work for me.

@Edward850 Not a valid Win32 application. And I use XP.

You really need to get off that 14 year old OS, it's not supported anymore. What you're encountering is modern MSVC uses bytecode that XP doesn't know how to execute. However, you have 3 possible builds to try on either the Slade website (official or beta) or drdteam, one of which may support legacy bytecode, and will work as long as you have the C++ 2013 Runtime installed.

The DRD Team builds should work on XP without issue; they might even work on Win 98.

Are you trying to put midis into your wad, or trying to listen to them on their own? What wads are you trying to export midis from?

If changing the extension from .lmp to .mid doesn't work then the original file wasn't a midi file.

TimeOfDeath said:

Are you trying to put midis into your wad, or trying to listen to them on their own? What wads are you trying to export midis from?

If changing the extension from .lmp to .mid doesn't work then the original file wasn't a midi file.

I'm trying to export MUS files from MMMUS.wad so I can listen to them, but I cannot either export them or listen to them.

DoomLover234 said:

I'm trying to export MUS files from MMMUS.wad so I can listen to them, but I cannot either export them or listen to them.

In XWE, go to Entry -> Save as. That won't convert mus files to mid, though.