Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Crunchynut44

BACULUS: 32 Map Scythe / Doom 2 Inspired Megawad (Now On Idgames)

Woohoo, go Crunchy! :D Definitely looking forward to when this is finished. If you can't figure out SLADE in time I can give it a crack.

It's definitely got a Doom 2 vibe to it, and while a lot of people here prefer the original episodes, 2 was always my favorite. Keep at it man.

Obsidian said:

Crunchy

That nickname will be following me to my grave XD

Obsidian said:

Woohoo, go Crunchy! :D Definitely looking forward to when this is finished. If you can't figure out SLADE in time I can give it a crack.

Thanks man, lets see how I go first haha

alexz721 said:

It's definitely got a Doom 2 vibe to it, and while a lot of people here prefer the original episodes, 2 was always my favorite. Keep at it man.

There are no custom textures involved, plus at the moment it's using the original Doom 2 skies (which I hope to change) so at the moment it's very Doom 2 ish. Thankyou!

First we got Bloodstain, and we will get yet another beautiful singleplay megawad. This year is gonna be awesome.

Since I liked the level design of Scythe, I'm looking forward to see the official release of this. Keep up the good work.

antares031 said:

First we got Bloodstain, and we will get yet another beautiful singleplay megawad. This year is gonna be awesome.

Since I liked the level design of Scythe, I'm looking forward to see the official release of this. Keep up the good work.

Appreciate it! Though I can assure you it has nothing on Bloodstain, but hopefully it will give you a great (but short) Doom experience!

antares031 said:

I know, goddamn we're not even out of January yet and I've been given things to play for the next several months. Screenshots look good—curious as to how it'll play!

Crunchynut44 said:

Additionally I have written a few of my own MIDIs and designed some new sounds (plasma gun, item pickup and teleport) that I will be including once I figure how to use Slade (or someone could perhaps give a helping hand and save me from a world I know nothing about). Hopefully will also get some custom sky textures, title screen and what not.

Adding sound and music files to a WAD is child's play, really nothing hard. Open the file with your map. Drag and drop the MIDI files from wherever they are to the SLADE window and more precisely the entry list. If you put them in between map lumps*, use the blue arrow buttons on the toolbar to move the music lumps away from the map lumps -- it's very important that maps have all their lumps contiguous and in the right order.

Then you can rename the music files using this page as a reference to find how how they should be called for running on which map, e.g. D_RUNNIN will be used for MAP01.

(*in order: map header (e.g. MAP01), THINGS, LINEDEFS, SIDEDEFS, VERTEXES, SEGS, SSECTORS, NODES, SECTORS, REJECT, BLOCKMAP, then for Hexen format maps there's also BEHAVIOR and optionally SCRIPTS)

Gez said:

Adding sound and music files to a WAD is child's play, really nothing hard. Open the file with your map. Drag and drop the MIDI files from wherever they are to the SLADE window and more precisely the entry list. If you put them in between map lumps*, use the blue arrow buttons on the toolbar to move the music lumps away from the map lumps -- it's very important that maps have all their lumps contiguous and in the right order.

Then you can rename the music files using this page as a reference to find how how they should be called for running on which map, e.g. D_RUNNIN will be used for MAP01.

(*in order: map header (e.g. MAP01), THINGS, LINEDEFS, SIDEDEFS, VERTEXES, SEGS, SSECTORS, NODES, SECTORS, REJECT, BLOCKMAP, then for Hexen format maps there's also BEHAVIOR and optionally SCRIPTS)

Thankyou! It worked a treat, having my own music has already changed how I feel entirely about some of the maps.

So how do I go about replacing the sounds say of the plasma rifle, as that isnt a level specific file? Does it need to be a certain format?

goddamnit more surprise megawads! I'll have enough Doom for the rest of my life.

Great work crunchy :)

Hey Crunchy! I hope you remember who I am (from youtube 08-10 mainly).

Amazing to see you still going at maps and can't wait to have a go at it!

I was about to make one map about a month ago but Doom Builder crashed after I made a room so I ragequit and never bothered to try again.

Congrats on all your work!

Mazze said:

Hey Crunchy! I hope you remember who I am (from youtube 08-10 mainly).

Amazing to see you still going at maps and can't wait to have a go at it!

I was about to make one map about a month ago but Doom Builder crashed after I made a room so I ragequit and never bothered to try again.

Congrats on all your work!

Mazzekaarts right :P

Remember Demons Paradise, good times.

That sucks man, still you should get back into it. It's a great creative outlet!

Thankyou!

Crunchynut44 said:

Remember Demons Paradise, good times.

Haha, I remember that! Those were the days.

Those screenshots are snazzy to say the least, really great use of the default textures.