Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealth Frag

Some unseen Doom sketches

The Spider Mastermind looks more like a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain.

The Revenant is pretty awesome. Undead Human with a gas mask and holding two weapons. But I love the current Revenant too. I want both variants.

Revenant with a shotgun and a rocket launcher in addition to his missile launchers? YES, provided that a variant of him without the shotgun exists too, because hitscanners are prone to cheap damage AND infighting with each other, whereas Revenant's best role is to test the player's dodging abilities. I like normal Revenant's skeleton head much more than this one's gas mask, though.

That spider mastermind looks oddly hilarious.

On the 3rd pic you can even see the HUD that ended up making it into the early alphas. Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

(Also rofl at those watermarks)

Kinda sad that the only versions of these that will ever exist on the web are plastered with some other dude's watermark.
I mean, I know he made the models, but still, those aren't his drawings.
Either way, that Revenant is incredible though, I'd love to see it made into a custom monster.

I'm so glad they didn't go that route with the Revenant.

I think it's just me, but I just can't imagine a skeleton armed with a shotgun and rocket launcher similar to the Cyberdemon's when all he needs is boxing skills... and a hellish shoulder-mounted missile launcher.

Technician said:

I had no idea they made models for the monsters. I was under the impression the creatures were 100% computer generated.

I thought they made models of the monsters, took picture of them from different angles, digitized those pictures, and edited that to make the final sprites.

HavoX said:

I'm so glad they didn't go that route with the Revenant.

I think it's just me, but I just can't imagine a skeleton armed with a shotgun and rocket launcher similar to the Cyberdemon's when all he needs is boxing skills... and a hellish shoulder-mounted missile launcher.

Someone please make a version with a rocket launcher (sorry) and instead of a punch attack, he uses a chainsaw a'la the ogre from Quake.

Chezza said:

The Spider Mastermind looks more like a Saturday Morning Cartoon villain.

Looks like Captain N's version of Mother Brain. Well, kind of, maybe not -as- retarded.

rdwpa said:

I'd love a SSG revenant. It would do triple the damage of a shotgunner.

A shotgun guy with the HP of a hell knight would be pretty lethal

Pretty cool that the skeleton concept of the revenant wasn't decided that early on. It looks like a mutated super-marine or something.

I'd make it super fast too. When it spots you, it sprints at like twice the speed of the archvile over to you and tries to bury a SSG blast in you.

Yeah I'm evil.

yeah i'm not usually deep into the unreleased doom stuff but that revenant concept looks Hell of cool

The only one of those models I find oddly done is the Mancubus, I mean it's head hardly even looks human anymore like the original Mancubus.