Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

one little question about its audio

are the demons going to be as talkative as half life's? i've known the doomguy will definitely be able to speak, yeah, saw that from the video...welll, could anyone answer my question? :)

PmRd said:

and how are we suposed to know?

It's called speculation, numbnuts.

I think he meant snarls, growls etc.

Well, hearing some demon spirits talk in a garbled, distorted voices (like that early on in the illegal gameplay video), with random sounds like laughter and people crying would help create a sense of dread and despair.

Livo said:

Well, hearing some demon spirits talk in a garbled, distorted voices (like that early on in the illegal gameplay video), with random sounds like laughter and people crying would help create a sense of dread and despair.

Hell yeah it would.

Oh yeah, I also meant like the scientists and victims and such...etc.

It would be cool to have a small "talk" menu to interact with the friendly characters, a bit like in a adventure game, but more basic and not too complex :)

Livo said:

Yeah - like System Shock 2.

heh, engagement rules of doom3:
1. if a demon politely asks if he can eat you for dinner, immediately shoot him.

1. if a demon politely asks if he can eat you for dinner....

I will uninstall the game and notify id software later that i don`t want monster this intelligent

In the scene shown at E3 you hear the big guy with the whip
saying "I smell fear..."

Speaking zombie is welcome = )
my former post was supposed to be j/k

talkative zombie? I only hope it won`t talk too much unless it is zombie NPC.it might help in story-telling.

Arch-vile should be made as intelligent monster thant we can hear him "speak" in understandable langauge.He may use his telepathy to contact with player.(just an idea)

I'd prefer monsters from Hell not to speak English except the Archvile perhaps (as he is supposed to be intelligent), who could possibly torment you doing this.

Half-Life doesn't suck, period :P

I wouldn't mind garbled english for the former humans and a series of screams and such for the demons

GS-1719 said:

I'd prefer monsters from Hell not to speak English except the Archvile perhaps (as he is supposed to be intelligent), who could possibly torment you doing this.

Funny thought, but you´re right.

What is a "gloomy" language the more sublime demons could speak? Latin maybe? :)

GS-1719 said:

I don't think the arch-vile should speak English either. It doesn't make sence at all. Well. Maybe if it could say single words like..kill....you and the likes :D

Yeah, Latin backwards should be pretty creepy :D

And it could be also some kind of easteregg, for people who are curious enough to extract the sound files, re-reverse the sounds in an audio programm and translate what they are saying ;)

LordTrasher said:

Like the latin speak in ROTT. One of the lines is "EAT YOUR VEGGIES"

This would actually make for an interesting Doom and Doom2 sound mod.

I dont think they should do anything more than grunt and screech. Also, unless done exceptionally well, hearing the Arch-vile speak in an understandable language would be laughable at best. However, making him speak in some eerie jibberish could be pretty cool.

999cop said:

are the demons going to be as talkative as half life's? i've known the doomguy will definitely be able to speak, yeah, saw that from the video...welll, could anyone answer my question? :)

The Doomguy wont exactly talk - it has been officially stated in one of the many articles with quotes from the idders that he will not talk.
But he'll grunt and make other such sounds (like the "huh?" grunt he made at the start of the E3 presentation before the video went to gameplay).

dsm said:

The Doomguy wont exactly talk - it has been officially stated in one of the many articles with quotes from the idders that he will not talk.
But he'll grunt and make other such sounds (like the "huh?" grunt he made at the start of the E3 presentation before the video went to gameplay).

I'm looking forward to grunting >=)

they had some demons talking in the books and i thought it was a dumb idea. these things ain't interested in talking.
not having the doomguy speak would also be a good move. it always sucks when the main characters says stupid one liners or cheesy shit. it ruins the feel associated with the game.

they brought this up in the official Doom survivor's guide, released for doom1 when interviewing john romero (i stole the book from my firend hehe).
this book also has some weird old Quake conceptions too :/

gatewatcher said:

uh, when? i don't remember him saying anything.

It was either him or his buddy said that to the scientist guy when he was trying to get passed them.

Doom guys: "watch it"

Scientist: "excuse me.."

Besides, if the zombie guy who holds minigun/chaingun was able to speak in the leaked video: "I smell fear", I don't see why not Doom can speak.