Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
an_mutt

NOVA III [LINK TO NEW THREAD IN OP]

This hasn't even been going for a week and virtually all the map slots have been claimed! Is NOVA becoming Doomworld's next Community Chest series or what? :P

Probably a dumb question, but these maps are for doom 2 correct? I didn't see any clarification other then other members talking about revenants (sorry).

MrGlide said:

Probably a dumb question, but these maps are for doom 2 correct? I didn't see any clarification other then other members talking about revenants (sorry).

Yeah, this will be a Doom II megawad.

MrGlide said:

Should be yup!

Suitepee: glad to see you're actually on-board! To ensure fairness, I do have to remind you that the initial 30 map slots have been filled, and that the 30 mappers who have claimed these slots will be prioritised above anyone who is in a back-up slot. You're in the first back-up slot for the Hell episode, so if anyone drops out or wants their map changed to a different episode (or if we think one of those maps is more suitable for a Map 31/32 slot!), then you'll be the first one in. Please make your map, regardless! I can't wait to see what you make!

kildeth said:

This hasn't even been going for a week and virtually all the map slots have been claimed! Is NOVA becoming Doomworld's next Community Chest series or what? :P

As long as we don't get 'Citadel on the Edge of Eternity': the sequel I'm OK with this.

MrGlide said:

I should have clarified this: we're mapping for Doom I, and Obsidian is putting together a custom monster set that turns every enemy into a Revenant variant.

(it's Doom II, yep)

Small progress, but it's always something.
Posting here so people that does not visit the screenshot thread can see what I'm working on.

CWolfRu said:

What about maps 31-32, BTW?

Given the interest from mappers i would suggest to mutt and co that maybe we could just include em as 'regular' maps (ie exits automatically lead to secret levels) and therefore give a couple extra spaces in the Jungle theme block of levels...?

For some reason I'm still expecting another Megiddo. Having played through both Nova and Nova II in preparation for this, those maps were rather enjoyable.

Finakala said:

For some reason I'm still expecting another Megiddo. Having played through both Nova and Nova II in preparation for this, those maps were rather enjoyable.

If there's a Megiddo 3, I wish to be part of it.

I actually think it would interesting to have all themes integrated into the one map, as if you're traversing the moon, which has been invaded by a hellish jungle. :p

Since I was the one who founded the original NOVA project back in 2011 can I make one little suggestion? Can NOVA III have a cool extended title like NOVA: The Birth and NOVA II: New Dawn? I was thinking NOVA III: Unholy Trinity but if someone has a better suggestion I'm fine with it.

kildeth said:

Since I was the one who founded the original NOVA project back in 2011 can I make one little suggestion? Can NOVA III have a cool extended title like NOVA: The Birth and NOVA II: New Dawn? I was thinking NOVA III: Unholy Trinity but if someone has a better suggestion I'm fine with it.

NOVA III: The Afterbirth
NOVA III: Third Strike
NOVA III: Third Time Lucky
NOVA III: Third Time's The (C)Harm
NOVA III: Triple The Mapping, Triple Six Times The Fun

Nah, yours is better.

I don't see a problem with that, but anyway, what about another original adjective before Trinity? Jolly Trinity, for a silly example? Or Big Trinity, Dark Trinity...

scifista42 said:

I don't see a problem with that, but anyway, what about another original adjective before Trinity? Jolly Trinity, for a silly example? Or Big Trinity, Dark Trinity...

Frustrational Trinity as well.

Obsidian said:

It should be New Dawn Fades.

Because Joy Division are the shit.

I second that. ^

I promised progress screenshots, so here they are!

The start room, where you realize you got somewhere you probably shouldn't have.

After opening the door, a large room awaits you. Here's another perspective on the same room.

But as you go to the lift to grab the shotgun...
It appears Hell was lurking just around the corner.

And here's how it looks on Doombuilder at the moment:

Everything's heavily WIP so far. The map is definitely gonna have more hellish parts and not only redrock hell. Oh, and I still need a music track, so any suggestions are welcome!

scotty said:

Given the interest from mappers i would suggest to mutt and co that maybe we could just include em as 'regular' maps (ie exits automatically lead to secret levels) and therefore give a couple extra spaces in the Jungle theme block of levels...?

Perhaps, but why jungle? Why not something different instead of current themes?

CWolfRu said:

Perhaps, but why jungle? Why not something different instead of current themes?

Continuity i guess...

I would like the map before me to end by player suicide, please.

By the way ... I have 75 % done.

Some screens from my map:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9ko7d4&s=9#.VqQLecHhapo
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2wnwnxw&s=9#.VqQLnsHhapo
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2qi8tua&s=9#.VqQLz8Hhapo

Edit: Oh, I see there is a texture pack. I didnt know that. I love those white COMP* textures!

More screenshots:

http://ulozto.net/xu74GYJA/screenz-rar

Take a look. What you say? 8-)