Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

A List of Gameplay Mods (Links Included!)

Revenant said:

Fixed that for you

THAT'S the one! For some reason, I could only remember bomb_x's filename. Great nostalgia rush seeing that one again.

Voros said:

I'm only counting those that actually changes aspects of the game.

And let's not bring the Extreme Weapons Pack. That was only a weapons mod (with some kinks added).

I think you haven't tried Fractal Doom or Shotguns if you think they do not actually change aspects of the game...

Brutal Doom is also only a weapons mod with some kinks added.

Wait, does this list not include guns-only mods? Those are some of the best gameplay mods out as they don't screw with monster balance, not as badly anyway. Immoral Conduct and bomb_x definitely should be on here.

Gez said:

I think you haven't tried Fractal Doom or Shotguns if you think they do not actually change aspects of the game...

Brutal Doom is also only a weapons mod with some kinks added.

It also adds new AI, new gun mechanics, and destructable things.

Oh it won the "Best Gamplay Mod" award.

Would you count DoomOne on the list? It links all of the levels together, as well as changing how key cards work due to the linked levels.

It adds an extra couple of levels in the transitions too. All the levels in each respective episode of Doom are linked.

Here are some old videos. Brutal Doom not needed, but compatible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMTLKSNcC_E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P81Syamswmo

Here's some more, Shut up and Bleed, a Edge mod, also ported to ZDoom, OSJC Zdoom Oldskool mod, D3 Weapons, Heretic/Hexen add-on and Quake:Descent into Heresy and TiberiumDoom, Insanity's Requiem and Legacy of Strife by TiberiumSoul, Reelism by Kinsie and The Space Pirate by Marty Kirra.
And also Sans. and Determination by Ribo Zurai.

J.B.R said:

There's Hard Doom too, which Complex Doom riped-off completely.

Oh kids these days...

What's next, TFC is a rip off of TF2; Doom II is rip off from Doom 4??

Shit man, there are a LOT of gameplay mods. I don't think listing all of them would be possible. But anyhow, you should add Hideous Destructor, Eriguns 1 & 2, GMOTA, and Psychic to the list.

Glaice said:

Random Deaths & Decoration - http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/random-deaths-and-decoration-15-final

I market it as an alternative to Brutal Doom. Focuses on random deaths for all of the monsters, random corpse decorations, random trees, a few miscellaneous changes and finally modifications to the SS Nazi enemy. Works well with most weapon mods.

Wait you forgot something.

Sporadic Deaths & Decorations - http://www.mediafire.com/download/fqeviceaivooc5k/SDND.pk3

I market this as an alternative to your mod and Brutal Doom. It focuses on reverting the Cacodemon back to its vanilla colour scheme, as well as gorier death animations in the vein of Brutal Doom and Doom 2016 without altering the gameplay. It works pretty well with most weapon mods.

P.S I made it as a little tribute to you, since you kinda inspired me. :P

P.P.S I never really got ScoreDoom to work with my GZDoom. It's a shame too, because I always wanted to play Doom with all the cool monsters that ScoreDoom has. :P

But again you still need to put more work in your submod, DoomzRulez.

Glaice said:

But again you still need to put more work in your submod, DoomzRulez.

Yeah I know. A couple XDeaths for the Demon and Cacodemon doesn't cut it, nor does some extra gory death animations.

To be fair though, I made my submod for fun. I didn't really make it for seriousness. Though I did improve some of the offsets for some sprites recently.

That aside though, I wish I could make a simplistic gore mod that had the same amount of dismemberment and gore of Brutal Doom, just the sprite aspect and blood sprites that were fairly realistic and weren't over-the-top; oh and it would be friendly with all weapons mods, and the Cacodemon would still be vanilla.

Just a thought I've had.

P.S I might put some more work into my submod, but honestly if I don't get user feedback I don't know what I need to improve on lol. :P

Voros said:

I can't find this Insanity DooM. Can you give a link?

I am not sure if this is the one you meant, but it is pretty good. It is for when Hard Doom isn't hard enough: InsaneDoom_beta0, for Zandronum (and probably (G)ZDoom), but made in the Skulltag days.

Meanwhile, here is a mod I made that is the complete opposite, making the player OP, to tackle maps with too many monsters, like chillax or nuts: opweapons_b6, also for Zandronum (and probably (G)ZDoom).