Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FractalXX

[RELEASED] Gridlock - A community project (maps aligned to the 64 units grid)

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:23 PM, Cyberia-Mix said:

Pinball and Dinosaur Foot used to have custom songs that were cut off for copyright reasons. Don't sudo459 and Martian Doomer want to try picking other custom songs rather than using default ones?

Well, I would like a midi version of that song used for my level, but good luck finding a good one, and I can't make one. If that's not possible, the default works for me tbh.

Ready map20-new. The map CWILVs is in the WAD. Trek - Augen auf [XG] - ALhoRRo_GisheRamayReR_2.mid - revision my.

Screens:

Screenshot_Doom_20170721_211233.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20170729_002848.jpg

Screenshot_Doom_20170730_002818.jpg

Downloads: https://yadi.sk/d/EX89sgDX3LZV2x

Question: why in MapInfo removed the ban on nojump and nocrouch?

Edited by BeeWen

On 2017. 07. 31. at 1:26 AM, BeeWen said:

Ready map20-new. The map CWILVs is in the WAD. Trek - Augen auf [XG] - ALhoRRo_GisheRamayReR_2.mid - revision my.

Screens:

15133565.jpg

15134589.jpg

15135613.jpg

Nice! I'll update the wad until the weekend (hopefully).

On 31/07/2017 at 1:26 AM, BeeWen said:

Ready map20-new.

I played it. It's good but it's harder than maps 21-24. ._.

I also thought it looked really similar to Exit Wound. Small corridors, then bigger rooms, Spider boss, and Cyber boss at end.

How do you get the invulnerability on the scrolling floor?

On 31/07/2017 at 1:26 AM, BeeWen said:

They were in the MAPINFO before? I can't find them in older versions. O_o

They can be added as global settings at the beginning of the MAPINFO anyway.

@FractalXX: there's also some vertex fixing to do on 64 Ways to Die. See my last post on p.21. Doesn't look like Saint_Guy is around.

@mArt1And00m3r11339: did you use the latest version of the project? The missing sky was fixed in v31 (it's working for me).

12 hours ago, Cyberia-Mix said:

I also thought it looked really similar to Exit Wound. Small corridors, then bigger rooms, Spider boss, and Cyber boss at end.

"Exit Wound" must not be a number 25. In this map of hell is identified only one location. Planned gradual reduction of the player in the final episode. It was originally number 20. The new map also has a similar idea.

Sorry for the mistake with the capture of invulnerability scrolless on the floor, please take the updated WAD old link.

In this condition the project is the limit removing, there are no such functions of the player. Therefore, it is proper to add in MapInfo those two rows to each maps.

On 2017. 08. 03. at 11:51 PM, Cyberia-Mix said:

@FractalXX: there's also some vertex fixing to do on 64 Ways to Die. See my last post on p.21. Doesn't look like Saint_Guy is around.

@mArt1And00m3r11339: did you use the latest version of the project? The missing sky was fixed in v31 (it's working for me).

I'll add that to the MAPINFO and will also check the vertices.

Alright guys, I've done every fix that was mentioned (and which I've noticed), v4 is up.

Added nojump, nocrouch to MAPINFO.

Everyone should check their maps and see if there's any problem. Notify me if something's wrong.

I feel more embarrassed each time I upload an updated version of my small map. Like these are the kind of things I should have caught on a long time ago and fixed in only like 4 versions.

Oh well, here's V7 of Retrofit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/378mh15rv5eoo4c/Retrofitv7.wad?dl=0

-Fixed the secret door. An adjcacent sector mistakenly had the same sector tag so they both opened.

-Proper aligned textures for the courtyard and by the exit door.

-Fixed a ceiling texture that displayed the default ceiling.

There's one thing I noticed just now too in Map 32: pic

Also allows to walk through the gap.

@FractalXX: Xabika started a post higher on this page for errors he spotted. You might want to fix what he found in your map. ;)

21 hours ago, Cyberia-Mix said:

@FractalXX: Xabika started a post higher on this page for errors he spotted. You might want to fix what he found in your map. ;)

I fixed it. Version 3 is up. Change since the last version is that I moved a couple of lamps to a size so that a player wouldn't be tempted to walk through the gaps (and not to mention, I put some Doom 3 sound effects, a Brutal Doom sound effect for grabbing orbs, and a pickup sound effect from Ancient Aliens into the wad).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rnb3n90248999by/Dinosaur_Foot_v3.wad

I looked my my map again, and I see a couple small tweaks I could make over the weekend, if it would be OK to do so now.

Double post, but 23 hours apart. Here's the updated version of my map: hkeepv6.zip

changes in hkeepv6.wad:

- Changed the flat on the lifts on the walls and towers to one that looks
better on diagonal lifts.
 - Changed the two switches that open the balcony windows and the door to the
throne room into one switch that opens both.

Edited by Empyre

On 2017. 08. 23. at 11:11 PM, Royal_Sir said:

I feel more embarrassed each time I upload an updated version of my small map. Like these are the kind of things I should have caught on a long time ago and fixed in only like 4 versions.

Oh well, here's V7 of Retrofit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/378mh15rv5eoo4c/Retrofitv7.wad?dl=0

-Fixed the secret door. An adjcacent sector mistakenly had the same sector tag so they both opened.

-Proper aligned textures for the courtyard and by the exit door.

-Fixed a ceiling texture that displayed the default ceiling.

I'll update that, soon.

On 2017. 08. 24. at 10:19 PM, Cyberia-Mix said:

I saw that, I just didn't have time to open up GZDB, yet. I'll fix that soon and thanks for the reminder.

@Xabika2202: Thanks for the notification.

This sounds and looks very interesting! I'd l like take part in this. Not too sure if my map design skills meet up to your standards, but I'd love to try. I just need to know if you approve of this, and ill get started right away! Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Voltcom9 said:

Is this project officially dead now? It's been compiled with all the maps for quite a long while now so I'm just wondering if it's been abandoned.

I hope not!

9 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I'm severely disappointed now.

This project has a complete set of levels. But the curator was gone again, this time for good. The official announcement of the completion of the project was not.

7 hours ago, BeeWen said:

This project has a complete set of levels. But the curator was gone again, this time for good. The official announcement of the completion of the project was not.

Why not just have someone new take over the final compilation of the project? Is there a Doomworld rule (written or unwritten) that I'm unaware of where projects can only be handed off if the original/current curator agrees to do so?

25 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Why not just have someone new take over the final compilation of the project? Is there a Doomworld rule (written or unwritten) that I'm unaware of where projects can only be handed off if the original/current curator agrees to do so?

It's generally frowned upon to "take over" a project from someone hasn't officially left it.  It'd be like coming home from a long vacation and found someone had moved into your house.

However, if the OP has stated he has permanently gone (I don't know the background here), then yes someone else can take it over.

27 minutes ago, Bauul said:

It's generally frowned upon to "take over" a project from someone hasn't officially left it.  It'd be like coming home from a long vacation and found someone had moved into your house.

However, if the OP has stated he has permanently gone (I don't know the background here), then yes someone else can take it over.

I completely agree that if the person overseeing the project (whether it's the originator or someone else who took the reins of the project) is still around and can be reached, then absolutely that person should be consulted first.

My response was driven by @BeeWen's statement that @FractalXX (I assume he/she was still the curator) was "gone for good," implying that person had left the Doomworld community for whatever reason and was not returning, at least not in a reasonable time.

I'm not advocating for users commandeering other people's projects just because they think they're taking too long or they don't like the direction they're headed.

I would like to see this project has been completed, otherwise a lot of work went in vain. What is the idle time of the curator is considered reasonable?

The latest version is pretty much complete save for minor updates in a few maps. I can reup it if needed.

All maps work fine (for me at least), though it would be nice to have more reviewers for the newer maps.

23 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Yeah, I was thinking about to release a new map pack from this project with the few new maps...

Wait a little time after the new year, let's try to put what is in one collection for yourself.

On 2017. 12. 07. at 10:30 AM, BeeWen said:

I'd officially announce it, if the project was discontinued. It's not.

I'm still here, even though my free time is just a few.

Actually, I was waiting if anyone wants to change anything in their maps, or if there was anything that had to be fixed.

I think it's time to release the project, officially.