Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FractalXX

[RELEASED] Gridlock - A community project (maps aligned to the 64 units grid)

I had started a map in the MAP20 slot, but I have basically squat on it and I have a lot of other things going on right now.

Feel free to take the slot joe, but make sure to pick a new name. I had included a CWILV graphic of the MAP20 I was making, so that will need to be changed.

We're just waiting for more maps. I see multiple claims for map20. We're not far from completion, so submit those maps and we will decide which will be the 20th while the others go to other free slots.

FractalXX said:

We're just waiting for more maps. I see multiple claims for map20. We're not far from completion, so submit those maps and we will decide which will be the 20th while the others go to other free slots.

If I've got time today I'll see what I can do for a MAP28. I haven't had anything going on lately so this will work.

BeeWen said:

Slot at this level may be different, not necessarily 20.

I liked it, especially the variety.
A few areas felt overly cruel though:

Spoiler

mainly the revenants room next to the blue key, and the first room in the wooden area, with the cages.
Also the spiderdemon part was unexpected and nice, however the cyberdemon at the end was unsurprising.

Might want to add some more ammo too. I finished pretty much empty handed even with the use of berserk in some parts.

Cyberia-Mix said:

mainly the revenants room next to the blue key, and the first room in the wooden area, with the cages.
Also the spiderdemon part was unexpected and nice, however the cyberdemon at the end was unsurprising.[/spoiler]Might want to add some more ammo too. I finished pretty much empty handed even with the use of berserk in some parts.

Balance is hard, Yes. Added ammo in hell's location, but a little.

How's the secrets on this map?

A bit late, but I finished the new update (at last).
Old Town is at MAP13, so Gothrock went to MAP16, Crimson Castle to MAP27.
Added Sheev Wheej and another map for MAP20 (couldn't find the title, am I missing something?).
CWILV graphics by Nevander added for the finished maps (except for the new ones).

Link's in the OP.

TO-DO List:
- Fill in the remaining 3 slots. I believe Nevander has been already making one for quite some time, so actually we only need 2 more
- Add CWILV for the newer maps
- Add a secret exit to one of the levels and the super secret exit to MAP31 (Trouble on the bridge). These have to be done by the authors, respectively.

Are you still looking for mappers to fill the remaining two slots?

I just finished my last map and am after something new to get my teeth stuck into, so happy to contribute to one of the remaining slots if there's still the need.

I can aim to churn something pretty quickly too, given everything else is nearly done.

Bauul said:

Are you still looking for mappers to fill the remaining two slots?

I just finished my last map and am after something new to get my teeth stuck into, so happy to contribute to one of the remaining slots if there's still the need.

I can aim to churn something pretty quickly too, given everything else is nearly done.

There are two free slots, so if you finish a map before we fill them, it will get included.

FractalXX said:

CWILV graphics by Nevander added for the finished maps (except for the new ones).
- Add CWILV for the newer maps

Once the final list with authors and names are there, I will finish those.

FractalXX said:

TO-DO List:
- Fill in the remaining 3 slots. I believe Nevander has been already making one for quite some time, so actually we only need 2 more

I have basically squat on that map as other things have taken my time up and I couldn't figure out where I wanted to take the map so the slot is open (it was MAP20).

FractalXX said:

There are two free slots, so if you finish a map before we fill them, it will get included.

I am nearly finished with my level. All I have to do is add ammunition and health. Once the level is done, I'll have the video posted to YouTube.

Nevander said:

Once the final list with authors and names are there, I will finish those.

I have basically squat on that map as other things have taken my time up and I couldn't figure out where I wanted to take the map so the slot is open (it was MAP20).

No problem, but if you somehow manage to finish it in the near future, it will be included for sure.

mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I am nearly finished with my level. All I have to do is add ammunition and health. Once the level is done, I'll have the video posted to YouTube.

We are looking forward to it.

FractalXX said:

No problem, but if you somehow manage to finish it in the near future, it will be included for sure.

We are looking forward to it.

I used similar textures as the ones from Sunlust.

FractalXX said:

Added Sheev Wheej and another map for MAP20 (couldn't find the title, am I missing something?).

Sorry, the name of my maps is 20 "Exit wound". Music track from the game "Privater" - 024.

I made a couple minor tweaks to my map.

From the WADINFO lump:

Changes in hkeepv4.wad:

- Made the lifts on the towers block monsters.
- Changed the secret columns in the throne room from lifts to doors.

Download: hkeepv4.wad. The text file is inside the wad as a WADINFO lump.

I can't seem to replicate the error and the nodes viewer doesn't show any glitches.

All I could suggest is selecting the entire map and Things and moving them so the nodes redraw.

I'm guessing this project is about to be at the final stages? If there is anything technically wrong with my map, anyone here can feel free to fix it. I won't be online for the next couple of months, so I can't do it myself. I think my map is fine though.