[RELEASED] Gridlock - A community project (maps aligned to the 64 units grid)

21 hours ago, Cyberia-Mix said:

There's one thing I noticed just now too in Map 32: pic

Also allows to walk through the gap.

@FractalXX: Xabika started a post higher on this page for errors he spotted. You might want to fix what he found in your map. ;)

I fixed it. Version 3 is up. Change since the last version is that I moved a couple of lamps to a size so that a player wouldn't be tempted to walk through the gaps (and not to mention, I put some Doom 3 sound effects, a Brutal Doom sound effect for grabbing orbs, and a pickup sound effect from Ancient Aliens into the wad).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rnb3n90248999by/Dinosaur_Foot_v3.wad

I looked my my map again, and I see a couple small tweaks I could make over the weekend, if it would be OK to do so now.

Double post, but 23 hours apart. Here's the updated version of my map: hkeepv6.zip

changes in hkeepv6.wad:

- Changed the flat on the lifts on the walls and towers to one that looks
better on diagonal lifts.
 - Changed the two switches that open the balcony windows and the door to the
throne room into one switch that opens both.

Edited by Empyre

On 2017. 08. 23. at 11:11 PM, Royal_Sir said:

I feel more embarrassed each time I upload an updated version of my small map. Like these are the kind of things I should have caught on a long time ago and fixed in only like 4 versions.

Oh well, here's V7 of Retrofit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/378mh15rv5eoo4c/Retrofitv7.wad?dl=0

-Fixed the secret door. An adjcacent sector mistakenly had the same sector tag so they both opened.

-Proper aligned textures for the courtyard and by the exit door.

-Fixed a ceiling texture that displayed the default ceiling.

I'll update that, soon.

On 2017. 08. 24. at 10:19 PM, Cyberia-Mix said:

There's one thing I noticed just now too in Map 32: pic

Also allows to walk through the gap.

@FractalXX: Xabika started a post higher on this page for errors he spotted. You might want to fix what he found in your map. ;)

I saw that, I just didn't have time to open up GZDB, yet. I'll fix that soon and thanks for the reminder.

@Xabika2202: Thanks for the notification.

Is this project officially dead now? It's been compiled with all the maps for quite a long while now so I'm just wondering if it's been abandoned.

1 person likes this

This sounds and looks very interesting! I'd l like take part in this. Not too sure if my map design skills meet up to your standards, but I'd love to try. I just need to know if you approve of this, and ill get started right away! Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Voltcom9 said:

Is this project officially dead now? It's been compiled with all the maps for quite a long while now so I'm just wondering if it's been abandoned.

I hope not!

5 hours ago, Voltcom9 said:

Is this project officially dead now?

Probably. :S

9 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I'm severely disappointed now.

This project has a complete set of levels. But the curator was gone again, this time for good. The official announcement of the completion of the project was not.

7 hours ago, BeeWen said:

This project has a complete set of levels. But the curator was gone again, this time for good. The official announcement of the completion of the project was not.

Why not just have someone new take over the final compilation of the project? Is there a Doomworld rule (written or unwritten) that I'm unaware of where projects can only be handed off if the original/current curator agrees to do so?

25 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

Why not just have someone new take over the final compilation of the project? Is there a Doomworld rule (written or unwritten) that I'm unaware of where projects can only be handed off if the original/current curator agrees to do so?

It's generally frowned upon to "take over" a project from someone hasn't officially left it.  It'd be like coming home from a long vacation and found someone had moved into your house.

However, if the OP has stated he has permanently gone (I don't know the background here), then yes someone else can take it over.

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, Bauul said:

It's generally frowned upon to "take over" a project from someone hasn't officially left it.  It'd be like coming home from a long vacation and found someone had moved into your house.

However, if the OP has stated he has permanently gone (I don't know the background here), then yes someone else can take it over.

I completely agree that if the person overseeing the project (whether it's the originator or someone else who took the reins of the project) is still around and can be reached, then absolutely that person should be consulted first.

My response was driven by @BeeWen's statement that @FractalXX (I assume he/she was still the curator) was "gone for good," implying that person had left the Doomworld community for whatever reason and was not returning, at least not in a reasonable time.

I'm not advocating for users commandeering other people's projects just because they think they're taking too long or they don't like the direction they're headed.

Edited by Pegleg

I would like to see this project has been completed, otherwise a lot of work went in vain. What is the idle time of the curator is considered reasonable?

3 people like this

I agree with the above statement. All the maps are already done, it's just a matter of testing them and compiling them into a final version. It is a shame to see so much work go into something and be right at the finish line just to have it disappear.

2 people like this

The latest version is pretty much complete save for minor updates in a few maps. I can reup it if needed.

All maps work fine (for me at least), though it would be nice to have more reviewers for the newer maps.

23 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Yeah, I was thinking about to release a new map pack from this project with the few new maps...

Wait a little time after the new year, let's try to put what is in one collection for yourself.

On 2017. 12. 07. at 10:30 AM, BeeWen said:

I'd officially announce it, if the project was discontinued. It's not.

I'm still here, even though my free time is just a few.

Actually, I was waiting if anyone wants to change anything in their maps, or if there was anything that had to be fixed.

I think it's time to release the project, officially.

4 people like this

As of now, the compilation is considered released.

Edited the OP, added a text file for the /idgames submission later.

I'd like everyone to check the text if anything's missing or I forgot to mention someone.

2 people like this

On 22.12.2017 at 8:07 PM, FractalXX said:

I'd officially announce it, if the project was discontinued. It's not.

I'm still here, even though my free time is just a few.

Actually, I was waiting if anyone wants to change anything in their maps, or if there was anything that had to be fixed.

I think it's time to release the project, officially.

Very good to see a message from you. With the final release, no need to hurry, now we need to re-take all the levels.

1 person likes this

wonderful map pack...on brutal doom is enjoyable

Edited by Valboom

I didn't send it yet because I'm waiting for feedback in case I left out someone/something from the description.

Also, even when I send it, it'll take a while until it finally appears on the archives.

Just now, FractalXX said:

I didn't send it yet because I'm waiting for feedback in case I left out someone/something from the description.

Also, even when I send it, it'll take a while until it finally appears on the archives.

When you do send it to the archives, my recommendation would be e-mail the people who maintain the archives and notify them that you uploaded your wad file immediately after you send it to speed up the process.

1 minute ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

When you do send it to the archives, my recommendation would be e-mail the people who maintain the archives and notify them that you uploaded your wad file immediately after you send it to speed up the process.

I will.