Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leoyagami96

I need some healp making a project

I will making a project with new monsters and items (from realms667) but the only problem i got is i don't have a computer al the work like scripting and making compatible all the monsters and items with the DooM iwad i do it in my tablet but i realy want to someone we can't help me to create some maps forma my project

(Sorry forma my bad inglish)weapon test
https://youtu.be/gxFhqpTR4us

I can help make maps. Despite being a newbie, I know my detail. You can count on me like 4 2 3.

Leoyagami96, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

scifista42 said:

Leoyagami96, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

This.

I take a screenshots but upload them to my facebook wall jefe are the link https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=780837422046581&id=100003609925530&set=rpd.100003609925530&source=49&refid=17

DoomLover234 said:

I can help make maps. Despite being a newbie, I know my detail. You can count on me like 4 2 3.

Thanks i send you a mail white the descripcion and the download link for my pk3

LittleInferno said:

That.

Them.

Leo, you might want to describe in your post the feel and flow of what you're trying to create. Are you just trying to make maps which use custom monsters for a learning experience? Are there certain custom monsters you have in mind in particular?

Same questions for the scripting - are you trying to accomplish anything specific with it or just learning it? You might not want to try all of this at once, it could get overwhelming and result in a very "just thrown together" project. (Unless that's what you want)

I would also recommend that as soon as you have anything playable you post it so we can get a hands-on experience as to what your project is all about. You'll get much better feedback like this.

tomocean22 said:

Ditto

I am doing exactly what you're planning to do Leoy. I proclaimed my first wad to be a megawad with scripting, UDMF features and a whole lot of custom content. It easily becomes overwhelming, especially when you spend months making a few maps and steam is starting to run out. And I am learning that custom monsters is not the best choice unless you're skilled and creative enough to make unique and fun scenarios that the stock roster can't fulfill.

It took my 8 complete maps and 6 months of work to finally appreciate that fact. If you REALLY want to go this route, be prepared to spend a very long time reading DoomWiki, asking lots of questions on Doom World, testing lots of scripts and lots and lots of bug fixing.

Chezza said:

I am doing exactly what you're planning to do Leoy. I proclaimed my first wad to be a megawad with scripting, UDMF features and a whole lot of custom content. It easily becomes overwhelming, especially when you spend months making a few maps and steam is starting to run out. And I am learning that custom monsters is not the best choice unless you're skilled and creative enough to make unique and fun scenarios that the stock roster can't fulfill.

It took my 8 complete maps and 6 months of work to finally appreciate that fact. If you REALLY want to go this route, be prepared to spend a very long time reading DoomWiki, asking lots of questions on Doom World, testing lots of scripts and lots and lots of bug fixing.

There are a vídeo of a weapon test https://youtu.be/gxFhqpTR4us my work is only a add on

A better weapon demonstration scenario would have lowered the amount of plasma gunners totally obscuring the screen and making it difficult to see the effect of the weapons being demonstrated. :D

rdwpa said:

A better weapon demonstration scenario would have lowered the amount of plasma gunners totally obscuring the screen and making it difficult to see the effect of the weapons being demonstrated. :D

Here are a boss fight you can see the effect of each weapon
https://youtu.be/32GLgbrtiGs

Chezza said:

I've been in that same place for a year now, but it's really fulfilling and satisfactory when you get some things working. If you have enough patience and imagination, then hold on to it. Take some months of rest and start fresh with new ideas and new energies to start learning new things and improve what you have done so far. It's the only way to go if you want to make something good. But don't expect a lot of feedback really, unless you go for the safe thing and make classic doom maps, you won't get a lot of attention, which is fine I guess

EDIT: I just saw the video you uploaded. That's nothing but a square room and 2 monsters from realm667, you have to make something more than just that... did you even edit the decorates?

Lycaon said:

EDIT: I just saw the video you uploaded. That's nothing but a square room and 2 monsters from realm667, you have to make something more than just that... did you even edit the decorates?

Are you talking about Leoyagami's wad or mine?

With his, yeah it's rather basic. I think it's a map where you choose to summon monsters and they will appear in the arena.

Chezza said:

Are you talking about Leoyagami's wad or mine?

With his, yeah it's rather basic. I think it's a map where you choose to summon monsters and they will appear in the arena.

Yeah I'm sorry if it looked like I was tlaking to you, I merely quoted you because what I was gonna say followed what you were saying.

EDIT: ultimately I think the problem with ambition is when you don't have a well thought concept or idea beyond using random custom content and scripts with gimmicks. That alone won't do, you need to know how to create tension and moments with those new elements, and some sort of a story to make sense out of it, though this can be optional if gameplay is excelent.

Lycaon said:

Yeah I'm sorry if it looked like I was tlaking to you, I merely quoted you because what I was gonna say followed what you were saying.

EDIT: ultimately I think the problem with ambition is when you don't have a well thought concept or idea beyond using random custom content and scripts with gimmicks. That alone won't do, you need to know how to create tension and moments with those new elements, and some sort of a story to make sense out of it, though this can be optional if gameplay is excelent.

I modificate the decorate of a monster like bruiser and one bases on Touhou project i will upload a video of a modification of the last level of plutonia whit this monsters

I WOULD LIKE TO HELP
HERE IS MY FIRST WAD OF CUSTOM ENEMIES

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52676

ALSO ADVICE HOW TO REPLACE DOOM MONSTER WITH CUTOM MONSTER AS I AM ONLY ABLE TO IMPLEMENT IT TO EXTENT THE MONSTER GET REPLACED BUT I HAVE TO MAKE THERE SOME CHANCE OF GETTING DOOM VANILA MONSTER WHICH I AM UNABLE TO IMPLEMENT YET

I WOULD ALSO LIKE ADVICE WHERE TO INSESERT SCRIPT OF REPLACING ENEMEY WITH CHANCE OF GETTING WHEN I HAVE MULTIPLE WADS & I HAVE COMPLIED WADS IN SINGLE PK3