Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Josch

cannot update doom2.wad from 1.66 to 1.9

Hi, downloaded the two patches (1.66 to 1.07a and 1.07a to 1.9). the doom2.exe is 1.9 now... for the doom2.wad I got message: file could not be located. any ideas ? Or can I get the wad from somewhere ? thanks much

This thread has a link to a 1.666 to 1.9 patch which should help you.

EDIT : oh your are having trouble patching, nevermind. Hmm, well, what file does it say is missing?

bigbadgangsta said:

EDIT : oh your are having trouble patching, nevermind. Hmm, well, what file does it say is missing?

DOOM2.WAD!@#

And no you can't get the WAD from anywhere, you have to buy the full game (it's the main game data, comes with the install) or order it from id Software. Asking for warez here gets you banned pretty quick.

start > find > doom2.wad
If the computer finds it then put it in the same directory as doom2.exe

I remember hearing somewhere that certain warezed versions of doom 2 couldnt be upgraded (perhaps they were modified or id put copy protection in the patch)

fodders said:

That patch bigbasdgangsta linked to works on Doom2 v1.666 even the "German" version

The German version? Ah, the one with all the nazi stuff taken out.

just to make clear I bought an original. the error message was

error ept0036: old file not found. However, a file of the same name was found. no update done since file contents do mot match

So I reinstalled everything and the update worked though I don't understand it as the wad file I tried originally was of the same size and same date ?!