Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baja blast rd.

Mapping for MBF

How exactly is this set up? I've played some maps designed specifically for MBF format -- the most recent among them being "The Last Sanctuary". More than one cursory Google search -- I was curious about this months ago as well -- failed to turn up any GZDB config settings, however. Nor have I been able to find documentation on MBF's extended features, beyond the basic ones that are now Boom-format mapping staples, of course, like fake floors and ceilings and sky transfers and stuff on that level.

As far as linedef+sector actions+flags go, the only feature that MBF added over Boom is the sky transfer action - and that's already available in Boom game configuration in (GZ)Doom Builder and usable in PrBoom-plus in -complevel 9 anyway. Just map with this (Boom) configuration. The real worthy MBF features are additional DEHACKED/BEX codepointers.

There's no specific actions in MBF besides of sky transfers. Its features are in extended dehacked.

Heh, this map could be done in Boom format, it uses MBF features only a little - PlaySound for ambient sounds and Spawn for regeneration chambers (though my original intentions were to use them more extensively).
entryway once removed the sky transfer support from complevel -9 in prboom+, but after several complaints put them back.