Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Philnemba

Bijou Doom aka Doom 384[Idgames link now available]

Bijou Doom is a little mapping exercise/project where I basically recreated all 3 episodes of Doom in tiny 384x384 playable spaces.

I also included a bonus episode 4 which are experimental maps in a playable 128x128 space for the name of Science! 

E1M2
Screenshot_57.png

E1M5
Screenshot_58.png

E1M7
Screenshot_61.png

E2M3
Screenshot_60.png

IDgames link: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/megawads/bijou
Also shoutout to FuzzballFox for suggesting the name :)

Edited by Philnemba : Idgames link :)

Well executed concept for each map, the areas are recognizable and play OK for a map of this size, so good job. E1M8 could have been exciting if it had 2 Barons. ;)
(if so, you could have afforded a little more space in this map too, because the player would never squeeze himself into the star's corners, so that it could be bigger on the whole)

Nice, there was another project like this as well with Doom II, but I'm not sure whatever happened to it, or what it was even called for that matter.

This was quite nice! Personally I would have done E1M2 in a different way. I'm interested to see how E2/E3 will be, especially the boss maps :P

Death Egg said:

Nice, there was another project like this as well with Doom II, but I'm not sure whatever happened to it, or what it was even called for that matter.

I think you mean Doom 2 in a Nutshell.

Thanks for the positive feedback here people :)

gaspe said:

Personally I would have done E1M2 in a different way.

Yea for whatever the reason I had difficulty trying to do a 384 version of E1M2 and what you see now was the result.

Also just finish up E2M5

Current status: Progress is slow due to being too busy with other stuff but completed ep2 last week and halfway done with ep3

E2M7

E3M2

Taking "bite-size" to a whole new level, eh? ;)

Shoddy joking aside, the proof-of-concept through E1 as presented in the alpha wad is actually pretty neato for something of its small size. I was worried that things would've been a bit more cramped but it turned out to be a bit less scary on that front than I imagined, so no worries.

Definitely excited to see how E2 and E3 turn out, so I'll keep my eye on this one. Great work Phil!

Any progress?

I am waiting for E1 to be finalised to play. Looks cute :D

These mini levels are pretty endearing. I think you've done a pretty good job so far of capturing the spirit of each level within your constraints. Fun stuff, looking forward to more!

Was interesting to see how you kept the gameplay reasonably fun with such limitations. Lovely little coffee break Doom!

MASSIVE SUPER BUMP

After several months of inactivity, I'm resuming this and hopefully will finish this up before the end of the year.

E3M4

Cute mapset, played the episode 2 and 3 since i've already played the first episode at first alpha release of this project, did the missing texture in e2m3 entrance is somewhat intentional?
Over that, i don't found any other significant bugs... i'm curious how will appear e3m5 and e3m6...

walter confalonieri said:

did the missing texture in e2m3 entrance is somewhat intentional?

Whoops that definitely wasn't intended and will be fix on the next build once I finish up episode 3.

Just got through E1 again and I wanted to check for updates. Downloading the Second Alpha now.

EDIT: I just loved the cyberdemon fight at the ned of E2. It was awesome.

Alright after months of delays with personal life & other stuff, I present ya'll the first(and most likely only) RELEASE CANDIDATE!!

Contains all 3 episode of bit size 384x384 size maps & feedback/criticism is welcome.

Sometime during or after the weekend I'll upload this to Idgames ;) 

Delaying Idgames upload because I'm adding...something that may or may not be episode 4 related ;)Screenshot_44.thumb.png.0198cf8532efba96c190b88cff5238e0.png