Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
volumetricsteve

Doom Builder 2 MAX View distance

Google isn't helping me much on this one, is there a way to fully disable the maximum draw distance of Doom Builder 2 so it renders the whole level? The black fog thing is really annoying...

Yeah it looks like I can set it up to like...3,000 but I still see black fog all the time, I'm surprised there isn't just a check box or something to disable it entirely...or maybe there is and I'm just blind?

You can increase the distance via Tools -> Preferences -> Interface -> View Distance slider. I guess if there was a checkbox to disable maximum draw distance whatsoever, it would be near the slider, but it's not there, which makes me believe that there's no such option. It would slow down the visual mode on big maps, that may be why.

Yeah, that's the slider I found....I wonder what setting it to zero does, of if there's some simple config I can edit with notepad to set it to zero or negative one or something. I don't mind a little...or even a lot of graphical slow down while I build a level.

In GZDoom Builder the maximum view distance is 9000. Also, you can go past the maximum value allowed in the Preferences by changing "viewdistance" property in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Doom Builder\Builder.cfg".