Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dexiaz

MD2 model problem

Hi everyone. I tried to add my own md2 model into wad, but it doesn't appear and GZDoombuilder shows only "?" instead of model.

I've googled tutorials about md2/md3 models, but failed. There are only 3d model creating tutorials (Youtube, for example) but I already did a model (really simple silver flat), but I don't know how to code this.

In ZDoomwiki (http://zdoom.org/wiki/MODELDEF#For_models_with_unnamed_frames) I see only info about flags and other things, it doesn't help me.

Here is model: https://yadi.sk/d/_ZYIyVX-nVDGH

Modeldef:

Model D2Door
{ 
   Model 0 "D2Door.md2" 
   Skin 0 "SILVER1.png"

frameindex MODL A 0 0
} 
Decorate:
ACTOR D2Door 30250
{
    Radius 32
    Height 16
    Mass 10000
    +FLOAT
    +NOGRAVITY
    +SOLID
    States
    {
    Spawn:
	MODL A -1
	Loop
    }
}
Map format: UDMF (Doom 2)

I'm really bad at 3d model-making, yes. I appreciate any help, even for detailed tutorial about ZDoom 3d modeling.

You need to define the file path of where the model is in the PK3. Also, I recommend you use MD3s instead, as MD2s have wibbly wobbly vertices.

Model D2Door
{ 
   Path "models" // <- You need to add this property and set it to a valid path to
                 // your model inside of PK3/Directory resource.
   Model 0 "D2Door.md2" 
   Skin 0 "SILVER1.png"

frameindex MODL A 0 0
}
Also your model's polys are not centered on the model's origin and it's probably incorrectly rotated and scaled.

MaxED said:

Also your model's polys are not centered on the model's origin and it's probably incorrectly rotated and scaled.

How to center to model origin? Other things are normal, Door normaly rotated and scaled, it's the idea of this door.