Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pedro VC

TNT soundtrack appreciation

This thread is dedicated to the best thing about Final Doom, the absolutely amazing and flawless soundtrack of TNT Evilution. If you disagree, you have a very shitty taste in music. So, what are your favorite songs? Mine are map02, 04, 05,13,28,31,31 and the best of all:

I love the enitre TNT soundtrack but I specially like "Legion of the lost" (intermission/map 31) and "Prision". Because Doom is not entirely made of Rock ;D

got a soft spot for MAP14's track. It does some weird explorative stuff which I've started to find appealing and more appropriate to my vision of Doom than the safer, more monomaniacal riffs found elsewhere in the soundtrack. the tune still sounds vaguely unfinished, but then that's my impression of the entire soundtrack to be perfectly blunt. =P

I'll gush about the Hexen soundtrack whenever you like though

yakfak said:

got a soft spot for MAP14's track. It does some weird explorative stuff which I've started to find appealing and more appropriate to my vision of Doom than the safer, more monomaniacal riffs found elsewhere in the soundtrack. the tune still sounds vaguely unfinished, but then that's my impression of the entire soundtrack to be perfectly blunt. =P

I'll gush about the Hexen soundtrack whenever you like though

Oh man, yes, Map14 music is pretty good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyapMs1VOD0

Sadistic (01), Death's Bells (04), Agony Rhapsody (06), Into the Beast's Belly (08), Infinite (10), Blood Jungle (16) and Legion of the Lost (31 and text screen).

"Horizon", "Death's Bells", "Agony Rhapsody", "Infinite", "AimShotKill", "Cold Subtleness", "Legion of the Lost" and "Blood Jungle" are my favourites (most of the OST). TNT has an amazing soundtrack.

Legion of the Lost. Easily the most emotionally driven piece. This deserves to be played by an orchestra, it's surprisingly moving for a Doom MIDI.

I like all of TNT's soundtrack, especially Tom Mustaine's tracks, though I find Map07 and Map11 to sound rather funny. It would be awesome if Andrew Hulshult were to make remixes of TNT's music like he did for the new Rise of the Triad.

T-Rex said:

It would be awesome in Andrew Hulshult were to make remixes of TNT's music like he did for the new Rise of the Triad.

I would love that!

I just realized that MAP08's music is the same as MAP30!

MAP08's music then, it felt like the equivalent of E1M1, action-pased.

There was something in the Plutonia MIDI pack thread about fleshing out the TNT soundtrack, by deduplicating the reused songs & replacing the used Doom 2: Hell on Earth music with all-new compositions.

Legion of the Lost is definitely one of my top pick. Honestly i prefer TNT's soundtrack more than Doom II's.