Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ancalagon

Italo-Doom demos [complevel -9]

ItaloDoom Map 10 UV-Max in 2:38

I call this strategy the 'Don't be a pussy strategy' works all the time ... some of the time ;)

Huge and important Disclamer! Blind People cant beat this level

Good luck grinding this level 

it10-238.zip

after a couple of days of mad grinding

italodoom map 10 max in 2:17

I am smashing my computer screen if someone beats this , by far one of the most traumatizing level I have ever played

it10-217.zip

damn. of all the levels in this set m10 is the one I'd least expect people to have the patience to grind out times on (well, aside from m07 which at this point would probably require tas to even shave another second off -.-). either way, nice work :D

I am honestly quite confused, as to how someone who goes by the name of 'mosal' came and beat my 2:56 map 11 time that I released 18 hours ago.

I mean... I spent 2 months trying to beat his 2:59 time which was insane as it is. All of a sudden , he comes out of inactivity and beats my time in under a full day . He must be a pro at this game .

i must admit i am always suspicious of these 'secret' runners - i hope Mosal is reading this and can introduce himself!

edit: i just watched it and some of those turns in the first 20 seconds or so... i hope my suspicions are unwarranted :\

naa... I am sure he is legit . He just cannon balled the entire run , no hesitation , just 'GO FOR IT' . Must be one huge risk-taker , wonder whats he doing right now. 

I don't see any particularly suspicious movement, I'd say such sudden mouse jerking is to be expected in a map of this kind. The one moment that made me raise an eyebrow is, of course, the sunken megasphere grab combined with rocket punching a revenant in, like, the next tic. It was... cute.

sorry, i jumped to conclusions somewhat, having re-watched it isnt anywhere near as egregious as i first thought.

the other alternative AD7MAD is 'record-hoarding' - which could explain the less than 24 hour response :D

9 hours ago, A7MAD said:

Must be one huge risk-taker

eventually all maps with lots of competition end up with YOLO strats. That's why I don't see much merit in improving any demo of mine past a certain point, because the "reward" that is just a few seconds less at times just isn't worth spending that (potentially) much time on. There's a good chance that, when someone is good at something that involves RNG, they might eventually beat something from seemingly out of nowhere because they simply got a "golden run" that they managed to "carry home". That's all there is to it, imo.

On 1/1/2018 at 6:22 PM, Nine Inch Heels said:

eventually all maps with lots of competition end up with YOLO strats. That's why I don't see much merit in improving any demo of mine past a certain point, because the "reward" that is just a few seconds less at times just isn't worth spending that (potentially) much time on. There's a good chance that, when someone is good at something that involves RNG, they might eventually beat something from seemingly out of nowhere because they simply got a "golden run" that they managed to "carry home". That's all there is to it, imo.

That's why nomo is the only good category 😉

Map11 NoMo in 0:44... because why the fuck not?

it11nomo-11.zip

Personally, I'd like to see someone do Map01 on NoMo (or, better yet, NoMo difficulty).

Edited by Poncho

Mosal gives me some uneasiness; i always dislike it when random names are on the leaderboards with no context. does he go in the Discord at all?